• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Not All That is Lost is Gone[Valentine's Quest]
    <style type="text/css">.template3_container {position: relative;z-index: 1;width: 470px; /*frame width, should be set to the image width*/height: 500px; /*frame height, should be set to the image height*/padding: 15px;background: #fff url('https://78.media.tumblr.com/0dda24555dfbf6c4f3cec8dc4d213986/tumblr_os2z4q0Ydn1tlqcqco1_500.png') no-repeat; /*background backup color and image*/border: 2px solid #000; /*border size, style, and color*/}.template3_container p {margin: 0;}.template3_messagebox {position: relative;z-index: 10;width: 472px; /*message box width*/height: 450px; /*message box height*/text-align: justify;background: rgba(255,255,255,0.7); /*message box background color*/font: 12px 'Times New Roman', serif; /*message font size and face*/padding: 15px 0;color: #000; /*message font color*/visibility: hidden;}.template3_container:hover .template3_messagebox {visibility: visible;}.template3_message {height: 350px; /*message scroll height*/overflow: auto;padding: 15px;}.template3_message::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 1px;background: transparent;}.template3_name {text-align: center;font: 30px 'Times New Roman', serif; /*name font size and face*/color: #000; /*message font color*/padding: 0;}.template3_quote {text-align: center;font: 14px 'Times New Roman', serif; /*quote font size and face*/font-style: italic;color: ##DAA520; /*quote font color*/padding: 0;padding-bottom: 15px;}</style><center><div class="template3_container"><div class="template3_messagebox"><p class="template3_quote">Never mistake silence for weakness.</p><p class="template3_message">The ocean is such a beautiful place in the summer. The shores are dotted with multi-colored flowers that twist and bend in the breeze that turns the sea. One may find the sands warm and inviting to lay upon and watch the silly gulls swoop and try for dinner. If you were to stay long enough and watch hard enough, you may even catch sight of the sleek dolphins shooting into the air before disappearing once again. It is these magnificent creatures that Amarantha looks for as she is interrupted by a pale mare. The woman that approaches Rant is gorgeous no doubt, and she is flanked with an air of grace and calmness. Tumbling from an elegantly curved neck is an equally as striking mane that falls far to the sanded earth beneath. The woman's tail drags as she comes to a stop close to Rant who stands from her resting position quickly. 
    "Who are you?"
    Rant's tone is as strong as it would be any normal day, but to the pale one, it is weak. Mundane. In reply to the green mare's words the angelic presence simply laughs and shakes her curved face.
    "I am everything."
    The woman speaks as she turns her face to the sea. When Amarantha turns her beryl eyes she would see three sleek gray dolphins emerge for a moment.
    "And yet I am nothing. Tell me Amarantha, who is it you loved most? Answer me with honesty and I shall reward you."
    Amarantha turns to her but finds that the strange woman's eyes linger on the dark water. Despite the fear bubbling in the back of her throat Rant swallows and she too turns her gaze to the sea. Part of her wanted to turn tail and run, but a larger part wanted to answer her. To tell her whom she had loved so much. Who had made her hurt so much.

"His name was Tamlin, and I loved him most."
    The sight of the ocean, so powerful in its existence spurred her courage. She spoke and the pale one listened to her intently. From the corner of her eye, she saw the woman smirk and begin to speak once more.

"More than the child?"
    Amarantha sucks in a deep breath at this and fights her joints urge to crumble. Her eyes close for a moment, and when they open they are filled with despair and hatred for her own sins.

"Yes."
    Her voice breaks, and she rolls her shoulders in an attempt to recover her composure. She turns her green gaze to the unknown mare and is shocked to find her smiling. It is now that Rant notices the deep purple the woman's eyes are. Despite the circumstances, they calm her. They anchor her.

"I may only give you so much time with him dear Amarantha. Use it well."
    Rant moves to ask a question but the woman has walked into the ocean, not ten feet from where she had stood another equine appeared. 

Oh how this one made her heartache.

Tamlin was just as beautiful as Rant had remembered. Even from a distance, he held an air of bravery and love. Love for her. Love for what they had been. Before she may turn to the mare she finds her muscles pulling her towards the palomino stud. When she nears she finds that his eyes are still the shocking honey they had been all those years before. 

"Dearest Tamlin, I have missed you, my love." He does not move to hug her or speak, and she is confused. Had it not been years since they had last spoken? Some part of her knows the pale one had sent him but only so much of him could be her with her now. She accepts this and continues to speak.
    "After you- after you were gone I left our home. Do you remember it? The little thicket in the trees where Moriarty was born?" The gleam in his warm eyes tells her the stud remembered it well. Remembered their boy well. The child, however, was a heartache for another day. Before her now stood her greatest regret of all. Her greatest heartache of all.

"I came here to this strange... strange place to forget you! And yet I see you everywhere Tam! In the birds... In the people... Oh, Tam I even see you in the things you hated!" She does not have to list them, for he knows. He knows she speaks of the mountains, he knows she speaks of the winter and the rain. His eyes tell her all and she rushes forward to hold him for a moment.

"I am sorry that your life was taken so soon." The memories of the night he died flood her like water. She sees in quick flashes images of the storm. Dancing across her mind are the images of her son (golden like his father but painted with greens like she) screaming for his papa as the gilded stallion slid down the muddied embankment. Lightning broke the images and thunder drew her from her thoughts. 

"Im sorry that I have pushed you out of my mind so ruthlessly." Their childhood together floats in then, the thunder replaced with giggles and swishing tails. A fond memory of them as wee children loping through ryegrass meadows chases the echoing sounds.

"Know that most of all I am sorry for not letting go." Her words are broken and her dark cheeks are stained with the salt of drying tears. He would have wanted her to let go. perhaps that's why he was here. Rant knows that she may still hold part of him in her heart, but she had to let go. The green mare turns her eyes to the sea and smiles, letting out a choked laugh as she spots the pale mare turned away from them.

"Thankyou." She whispers, and when she turns Tamlin is gone and so is the mare. In their place is the distant cry of the gulls and the quiet wash of the sea.</p><p class="template3_name">A M A R A N T H A</p></div></div></center>
    [Image: amaranthpixel_by_voltum-dc324q8.png]
    A m a r a n t h a
    ☆.。.

Messages In This Thread
    Not All That is Lost is Gone[Valentine's Quest] - by The Erotes - 02-01-2018, 11:02 AM
    RE: Not All That is Lost is Gone[Valentine's Quest] - by Amarantha - 02-14-2018, 11:36 PM