• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll burn this whole city down; Scorch
    She’s definitely not pleased with how the diplomatic mission had turned out.

She had done her duty, gone to the Falls, talked with their diplomat, extended the hand of friendship, talked politics …

And she has absolutely nothing to show for it.

The Falls Queen had never even showed, and while Texas had been friendly and welcoming enough, it’s a little impossible to form an alliance without any kind of discussion or agreement with the queen of the kingdom. So now she has to return to Scorch with nothing but a promise that another diplomat will be along with an answer soon. She doubts that Scorch will blame her (or at least, she shouldn’t, it’s not her fault after all!), but it’s still rankling to return home from her trip with no definitive answers. Especially considering the odd political climate Beqanna is in these days.

Ah well, she might as well bite the bullet and tell Scorch what had happened.

When she reaches the centre of the kingdom, she plants her feet and lets out a call for the flame covered queen. Knowing Scorch, the queen won’t waste any time, and will be along soon. And then Lyris will get to tell her how flat her first diplomatic mission had fallen. How fun.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

@[Scorch]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Thirty years of being smashed between a mallet and an iron stand have left Scorch the ideal Amazon. No, scratch that. Thirty years has left her the best Amazon she could be; we all know that she still could use a hell of a lot of work. But I mean, really! Remember the days when diplomacy meant kicking the one who talked most in the teeth? Remember how words had been useless, and brawn brilliant? Ah, those were the days. The childish, fortuneless, and tireless days. Now, Scorch could be trusted to play the perfect diplomat on the better days; but ask her if she’d rather go talk jackshit with the king of whogivesafuckland or go and bite some random challenger, you’d better be damn sure that she would pick the battlefield.

With this in mind, Scorch does not envy Lyris in the slightest; in fact, she is grateful for the sister’s efforts. Diplomacy may be utterly unappealing to women like themselves, but Scorch appreciates that they both understand why they have to put up with the politician’s shit. Because if they didn’t, well, that would make them the bad guys, wouldn’t it?

The mare moves to answer the call immediately after its sounding. She eats up the league which stands between the sisters with a brisk canter, leaping over fallen trees and barreling through the foliage which dares defy her. Despite this, minutes have passed since Lyris’s call, and she arrives with a half apologetic, half amused expression, small beads of sweat decorating her spine.

”This Jungle is too damn big.” She comments with a lean to her right, the straggles of her forelock detaching themselves from her sweaty, hairless forehead. “You hollered?”

Scorch

Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]
    It takes some time for the queen to arrive, but, eventually, the large roan figure comes tumbling through the brush. Lyris grins at the queen, a little amused at Scorch’s rather bedraggled appearance. Had the mare been sparring or something? Or just running herself ragged after her little band of children? How many are she and Hestoni up to now? Not that it matters at the moment.

“Agreed!” She chuckles, thinking of the times she’d gotten lost in here as a child. It’d driven her mother half mad. “Yeah. Just got back from the Falls. They … weren’t the most helpful lot. Queen never showed.” She shuffles awkwardly, but keeps her gaze on Scorch. Wasn’t her fault after all! “I was met by one of their diplomats though. Called Texas.” Odd, moody old bat he’d been. “He said he’d pass on our offer to their queen, and that a diplomat of theirs would come to us soon with their answer. Also, he said that the Falls is no longer taking treaties. In order to have access to their waters, kingdoms must have an alliance with them.” Fortunate for them that they wanted an alliance to begin with. “Sorry I didn’t get much more than that.” Not great for her first diplomatic mission, not great at all.
    Lyris
    I’ll burn this whole city down
    html by maat | gif by headlikeanorange.tumblr.com

Don't worry about replying to this, I know you have a lot of posts to do. But I just wanted to get this up since Texas just posted, haha.