• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - any

Taiga’s downfall was probably known throughout all Beqanna. News of it had reached deep within Tephra too, just as some slight rumour of what had led to its cause. It would be a lie to say that it didn’t worry her. If the fairies could make Taiga inhabitable, they very much could do the same to Tephra. Losing her home once was already bad enough, but losing Tephra would quite devastate her. Imagining what Taiga’s habitants had gone through make her quite uneasy.

Perhaps that is why it has taken her this long to actually come to see the damaged land herself. From stories she learned that nobody had dared to venture into Taiga for over a year, saying that the dark god created hounds still haunted the place. But she couldn’t report stories back to Warrick. And thus Amorette has crossed the field and the forest in order to approach the stream that – once she’s crossed it – would mark her arrival.

The water is still rigid cold, winter had not too long ago hold Beqanna in her grasp. In Tephra it doesn’t snow, nor get colder during the change of season. It makes the crisp of the water sharp against her skin, as she is not used to these kind of temperatures. Spring was well on its way, but has yet to chase away all evident of winter.

From across the water she’d already seen the sapling trees, but up close she can see how little they still are. It’s a good thing to see the redwood forest alive and growing, but Amore cannot shake the feeling that something dark had happened here. From there she wonders what has happened to the habitants. Had they all escaped whatever trial they’d faced? And had they all found a place to tend to their wounds and find refugee? Amorette clearly hopes so, no soul should be left wandering alone and untended.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

Lavendel

If the Taiga hadnt bled so easily into her Autumnal home, Lamb wouldnt be there now. The girl had stood on the precipiss of the abandoned lands for what felt like days, starring forlornly into the ancient pines. At her feet sat a clear line of colored leaves split fiercly by the sharp brown needles of the piney woods. While she hadnt been alive to witness the fall of the forest, her mother had told her stories. Faible had spent many a night warning the young girl of the ghosts that lurked their and the evil that brewed beneath the forest's floor. The Taiga had been a breeding ground for evil not long ago, and charred remnants of it's existance still remained. Her heart lept, hadnt Sabra warned her? Had the colored mare not told the child that Sylva couldnt protect her once she left? Lamb took a shaky breath and stepped forward, crossing the line that kept her protected. That kept her safe. As if Beqanna couldnt completely wipe away the sins comitted here, her breath was sucked from her chest the deeper she wandered. Quiet whispers of long passed demons called from the growing trees. Lamb was almost smart enough to turn around, but the good left clawing for its roots in the earth kept her moving. The girl held her head high walking quietly through the empty woodlands. Lamb saw the ebony mare far before she reached her. She slowed to a stop, considering how smart it would be to speak with strangers, especially here. Lamb watched the mare for a few moments, taking note in he way her eyes roamed the same way the child's own had moments before. Lamb felt the good in her the way she felt the good linering in the dirt beneath her hooves. "Hello." She called from her spot, not daring to approach in case her assumption had been wrong. "I am Lamb of Sylva, and you are?"

"I was quiet, but I was not blind."- Jane Austen

[Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l

Evil is the latest thing on the dark woman’s mind. Until not too long ago she had never stumbled upon something dark. Karaugh had been her first introduction to this dark side of the world she’d never even imagined existed. But even so, Amorette is still oblivious for any and all danger that might lurk in the shadows.

Not because she’s stupid, or dumb, but simply because she likes to see the best other’s. Everyone must have a good side, right? Either way, Warrick might object of her visiting Taiga, for the reason that he does think of her wellbeing and those who roam Taiga might see too taint it.

Perhaps she is lucky to be approached by another gentle soul, perhaps it is just fate. The dunskin splash filly shines as a beacon in Taiga’s almost rigid redwood forest. If she wouldn’t know better she might think she was being visited by an angel, Taiga’s deity maybe. Like Pele was Tephra’s very own guardian goddess.

Her smile widens when the girl decides to cross the last distance between them and it’s only polite that Amore offers to meet her half way. ”Hello” she greets back with a smile, both her ebony ears perked forward. ”My name is Amorette, does Sylva’s lamb have a name?” she introduces herself, her voice friendly. She hadn’t met anyone from Sylva before, but Warrick has suggested they would visit the land soon. Maybe she could learn something in their favour.

The young girl reminds her of Kryptic a little. She worries about him, not at all liking that she had to leave him in Tephra, but, he would manage for a day, right? Doesn’t mean she doesn’t miss him though. ”What brought you to Taiga? You’re curious about it, just like me?”

Amorette

Lavendel

Pale lips tugged into a smile, pale eyes shining with delight as the other began to speak. Her suspicions were deemed correct as the mare walked forward, her kind voice questioning Lamb lightly. "My mother called me Lavendel, though many know me as Lamb." Lamb smiles tilting her head upward to look the woman in the eyes. "It is all the same to me."  She spoke, for it didn't matter much to her what others called her by. They stared at each other in a quite fascination for a moment, the girl finding peace in her new companion's presence. Lamb chuckles at Amore's next questions. She was surprised the Taiga was so empty. Surely others wished to know what these ancient woods now harbored? "I suppose I am, this place fascinates me." Her voice is laced with awe and admiration for what the land had done. Beqanna had allowed the evil to boil but ripped it away before it could settle. In her heart of hearts she prayed that whoever once lived here made it out safely, she couldn't imagine Beqanna taking it as far as killing its creations... but then again she was young. She was learning. Perhaps Beqanna itself was etched from evil bones and painted in glittering white gloss. With a sharp adjustment of her leg, the thoughts dissipated. "Where do you come from Amorette?"

"I was quiet, but I was not blind."-Jane Austen

L a v e n d e l

The girl’s smile is answered with one of her own, one that was hopefully welcoming and reassuring. After all, it was quite a sight to see such a young girl out here by herself. Her name offers almost just as an mystery. ”It’s nice to meet you, Lavendel. You have a beautiful name, why don’t you use it?” it’s genuine interest and her honest opinion too.

It was clear that the pale beauty identified herself as the ‘lamb’, and although Amorette has to agree it is an endearing nickname – Kryptic would forever be her ‘little one’ – but to go as far as to introduce you by it? The idea alone was enough to make her curious. And it seemed like a safe subject to discuss between the tall redwood trees. They, not so surprisingly, offer another subject to discuss.

The ebony woman finds herself nodding, unable to not agree with Lavendel. Taiga was a fascinating place and, although a little deserted and dark, an interesting place to discover. ”So you were about to explore it? Shall we continue exploring together then?” she offers, nudging with her h head in a direction they could go. Why not talk and wander through Taiga at the same time?

”I live in Tephra” she tells the girl, unable to hide the smile that tugs on the corners of her lips. Amorette loves her home and it shows. Her eyes find Lavendel again, and they’ve lightened up with happy twinkles. ”You’ve heard of it? We have massive volcano and the land is warm all year round.” With the volcano as the center piece.

Amorette

Lavendel

Lamb chuckles at this, tilting her head in amusement. "My mother called me Lamb my entire life with her. I suppose it just stuck really." The girl shrugged, for perhaps it did. She couldn't remember a time when she had introduced herself as Lavendel. The painted girl had nothing against the name, it just always seemed to formal for the situations at hand. She had never really seen anyone calling her by the name anyhow, could anyone possibly see her as such a grownup? Though she supposed someone did, and it didn't bring anything to her face but a smile. When Amorette spoke to her she felt older, she felt like an adult. "It would be my pleasure to explore it with you Amorette." There it was again! That little sense of freedom exploration brought! She begins to walk in the suggested direction, knowing that her newfound friend would follow if she pleased. Lamb smiles at the way the ebony mare speaks of her home, it was rare to find those who possessed so much pride in their kingdom. "So I have. Perhaps one day I shall come visit your kingdom one day. It sounds absolutely lovely." There was no hint of a lie in the girls words. Beqanna was her beloved, and she adored every inch of it. How could she not love it when the girl next to her was so kind? Did one not mirror their abode? 

"I was quiet, but I was not blind"-Jane Austen

L a v e n d e l

The girl is wise for her age. She looks so young, and it shows in the way she carries her body and easily accepts the invitation to explore together, yet her words sound like they could’ve come from an adult. It has something endearing and puts a smile on Amorette’s lips. ”What would you like me to call you, then?” Who was she do deny the girl the name she most felt like? Lavendel was her name, but she very much could be Lamb instead, if she preferred so.

The trust that Lavendel offers her could be due to her youth, but there always was the possibility that she looked at the world in the same way as Amore did. Could the same be said about her leader? The planned visit would soon answer that, but it showed great potential for Sylva. ”What is Sylva like?” Her knowledge of other kingdoms is little, too little, so it would be nice to learn about it from one who saw her home in her own unique way. Amorette couldn’t imagine that there would be a more genuine and real view on Sylva as through the eyes of a young girl.

Amorette enjoys their stroll. There is no rush to her step, all in favour of giving her eyes a chance to see all. She knows it’s not possible, to see all I mean, but that doesn’t stop her from trying. She’s optimistic like that. ”I would love to show you around when you do. Tephra, or I think so at least, is wonderful and exotic in her own way.” Her gaze moves form the Taiga around her to look at the splashed girl, a smile on her lips. She means it and she couldn’t imagine that Warrick would object. Perhaps her ruler would even come with her to visit Tephra in return.

Amorette

@[Ehoghan] Lamb is just sooo sweet and adorable <3

Lavendel

Lamb has smiled quite a bit during her time with Amorette, and she enjoys the feeling. Her ears are tipped forward and her stride is anything but rushed. Her hooves touch the mulch beneath them only lightly as she moves, her head high as she listens to her friend.

"Perhaps later in my life I will find Lavendel suits me, but for now Lamb will do." Despite this, what she was called by really meant nothing to her. However, the next thing that tumbles from the ebony mare's mouth matters quite a bit. It makes Lamb even happier (if that was possible).

"Sylva is just as beautiful as those that reside within it! The trees tower far into the sky and stay beautiful autumn colors year round." She lights up talking about it. There are no words for her home that describe it with justice. "There is a queen, her name is Sabra." She speaks of the mare lovingly, for it had been the first adult she had trusted (besides her mother). The first horse in Sylva she could call her friend. "She is just as nice to her subjects as the land." She finishes and smiles at Amorette with wide eyes. "You would like her I think."

"I was quiet but I was not blind."-Jane Austen

<333 thank you!
    L a v e n d e l

Once again Amorette finds herself surprised by the young girl’s mature reply. Lamb feels like an old soul, placed into a body of youth. Don’t get her wrong, Lamb too shows her youth just like anybody else would. From the adore in her voice when she speaks of her home and queen, to the excitement she shows for the more simplistic things in life. Amore likes it. It draws her to Lamb, enjoying her presence.

And thus the girl’s reply is met with a nod, though the ebony woman doesn’t reply verbally. She is simply content with the given answer and there is no need to press the matter. Lamb clearly knows how she feels about it, who was Amorette to question it?

More intently does she listens to learn more about Sylva, and her queen. Last Amore knows is that Ellyse and Dahmer had left Tephra, in favour of ruling Sylva, seems like that rule had been rather short. Perhaps they – she and Warrick – would learn more about that during their time in Sylva. ”Sylva sounds wonderful” Amorette agrees with a nod, glancing sideways at the girl to smile at her. ”I am coming to visit Sylva soon, together with Tephra’s version of a king; our Overseer.” No harm in telling the girl that, right? Maybe she could tell her queen to soon expect a diplomatic visit from Tephra.

”I’m glad to hear Sylva has a fair ruler. You speak so highly of her, she must be nice indeed.” All Lamb says seems genuine and comes from the heart, Amorette has no doubt that the girl truly believed in Sabra as her queen. She hopes that Sabra is just as nice as Lamb has painted her. ”Has she ruled Sylva long?”

Amorette