• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lamb's breath & Rose || Crevan

Lavendel

She lay beneath the firey canopy, her pale mane spread daintilly across her creamy shoulders. For now her eyes were closed, the mare was simply enjoying the heat of the spring sun warming her body. As she dozed she recounted all of those she had met in the last few weeks. There was Amorette, the dark mare from Tephra, and there was Svedka the golden stag from Hyaline. Pale lips twitched into a small smile at the memories before she stored them away once more. She traded the fond thoughts for the day's plan.Where would she go today? The river? The Field? Lamb sighed, crystalline orbs cracking open as her limbs pushed her to stand. Rudy leaves glung to her coat eagerly, painting her pale sides in vibrant autumn hues. With a quick shake they were gone, fluttering slowly to the forest floor. 

With quick (but careful) steps she made her way to the creek that cut Sylva in two. It babbled noisily in the quiet of her home. Small fish poked their heads out before moseying by, uninterested in the woman who passed them by. She had no interest in the water here, she just simply enjoyed its sound. Perhaps she would visit the river today, perhaps it too would soothe her.

I'll rest under the willows by the run, when skies are pink by set of sun.

So sorry its short and cruddy XD <3 @[Crevan]
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

The black ick covering his snout, eyes, and lower cheeks had almost been completely taken off. The substance (unknown to Crevan) had hardened into brittle clumps and refused to be dislodged no matter the amount of licking or preening. It had come down to this: Crevan, seeing no other obvious way to rid himself of the afflicting mess, had taken to rubbing his overlarge wolf face against the trunks of Sylvian trees - rubbing, and rubbing, and rubbing some more until his hair had fallen out and he’d rubbed himself bald and raw.

It didn’t matter. Temporary pain felt close to nothing these days. As soon as he would retract his head, skin throbbing and a bit bloody from being sheared clean, the wound would heal and the fur regrow, instantaneously.

Regenerative Healing, a wizard had told him. A sacrifice one makes for others, not for the self, he’d said. God it was true. Crevan could be cut in half, burnt to a crisp (already happened before), lose limbs and organs piece by piece and still no death. The cowled god had deserted the tawny wolf, for all eternity. Crevan would never find peace from suffering, only an endless loop of immortality and regrets.

He sighs, the sound rattling out from his chest in a low growl. It was too nice a day for such thoughts; Sylva was ripe with a pleasant, spring temperature and he was wasting it by intentionally inflicting damage on himself. With a huff he lopes away, a blur of pale fur nearly the size of a small bear. The shifter has no specific destination in mind so he winds up at the bank of a small stream, slowing to a lumbering walk. He smells the girl before he sees her, but all the same he’s still taken aback when she comes into view.

The wolf is reminded of another time, of another filly by another stream.

“Don’t be frightened.” He barks out from across the creek, a few meters behind her still. It’s a necessary warning - he’s predator, she’s prey. “I have no intentions of eating you.”

No, he intends to do something much, much worse.

Bore her with conversation.

@[Lavendel] hush, lol. It's lovely <3

Lavendel

If the warning hadn't come before the wolf, Lamb surely would have jumped out of her skin. However, she was only slightly taken aback when he spoke. The words cut through the quiet air from seemingly out of nowhere, their gruff tone settling in her ears lightly. The splashed woman turns, pale gaze landing upon the equally as pale wolf before her. Had it been the one who uttered the warning? Why that was the only other creature around... 

"I thank you for the warning..."  The pause after her words was offered so the creature before her could offer a name if he pleased. Lamb stared at him for a moment, deciding he was really no harm to her at all. She stepped forward, putting a more reasonable space between them for conversation. "I am Lamb, do you reside here as well?" It was a well enough question, for what business did he have here if he wasn't a resident? For a brief moment, she was afraid if, in fact, he was not a resident what was she to do? She was small, the wolf himself was nearly her size. Quickly Lamb banished the thoughts to the far reaches of her mind. There was no need to fear such silly things. If the wolf had wished to hurt her, he would have long ago. So with that, she decides that perhaps the river would be far less interesting than the wolf. He was now her plan for the day.

I'll rest under the willows by the run, when the skies are pink by set of sun.

<33 @[Crevan]
    L a v e n d e l

Our skin gets thicker, living out in the snow

CREVAN

“No thanks necessary.” He says, because it’s true. His courtesy didn’t stem from any gentleman-like intentions, merely from the necessity of the situation. Had he wanted to mind his own business he would’ve, and Lamb wouldn’t be the wiser for it. He could have easily just turned direction and never crossed her path at all.

But he’s gone too long without the back-and-forth casual banter offers. From birth he’d been a shadow at his mother’s shoulder, a pale wisp of ‘silent threat’ that acted as her pack for a time and her guard when they’d decided to hop between planes of existence. It’d been something inbred, easy to assume: the quiet, watchful wolf.

He slips ahead on deathly silent paws, makes his way across the stream with a soft splash, splash, splash that wets his legs and the thick fur along his belly. “I’m Crevan and, yes, I reside here as well.” He growls softly, the natural timbre of his voice carrying over the babbling brook to where she stands. Reaching the opposite bank, the beast hops lightly (much more lightly than one would expect of someone his size) up onto the earth and stands, legs spread, to shake the liquid from his coat.

“Were you heading somewhere? Maybe I can accompany you.” The wolf guesses, noting the hesitation in her eyes that seems to waver over his purpose here, in Sylva. He’s not sure either, kid. “Unless your mother is around somewhere … or unless you just don’t want to go, of course.” He rambles.

This is the downside to being a Shade, a silent threat. You forget how to be ‘sociable’.

With the awkward roll of his shoulders, Crevan rounds his back and slumps into a comfortable sit. They’re nearly eye-level to one another, but he won’t come closer than this. Her smell was … overpowering, and no doubt his wet stench was less than pleasant.

@[Lavendel]

Lavendel

Lamb pays no attention to his smell, it is his size that entrances her. Never had she seen such a magnificent being as he. "Crevan." His name passes through her own lips with a distracted whistle tone. He asks of her destination and the girl chuckles. Had the river been so important? She had found what she wnted (company) within her own home it seemed. Lamb moves to reply, getting as far as "Well I-" Her mother? How long had it been since she had seen her mother? Almost a year? Lamb smiles at him forlornly, quietly surprised with the fact that they had been almost eyelevel. "It has been a long time since I have seen my mother Crevan." Her voice was a somber whisper, the lilt in her voice bittersweet. Perhaps they should move on, suddenly Sylva seemed to suffocate her. She needed space for a few hours, time to think. "I was on  my way to the river, I'd love for you to join me."  She continues, ears perking as though they hadnt been flattned to her neck moments before. It was no the wolf's fault she had been upset, it was just the memories that plagued her mind. Maybe it was that way for every foal like her. For so long Faible was all she had known, the seperation just got to be too much at times. One day she'd go till sunset without thoughts of the creme mare. One day.

L A M B

L a v e n d e l