• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dawns are heartbreaking - - anyone

Solace

"Well you're not going to let them" she replies matter-of-factly to the yearning in his eyes, to his spoken and unspoken questions. "I believe you're strong enough."

Time would tell if she would be smart enough, strong enough to help him tame these shadows - she was going to give it her best shot. 

But in the end, he would be the one who decided his own fate

I want to be good, he confesses in a tone which is a little too wistful for her liking. But she does not falter. She sympathizes with his inner turmoil, each of his pained looks hardening her resolve. Solace would help him be who he wanted to be, and she thought she had an idea. 

"Then you will be good," she urges with sincerity. "I think maybe I can help. Not many know this about me but..." as she speaks there is a slight haze forming along her topline. She focuses the particles of light which live inside of her, bringing them together, and the haze begins to glow brighter a pale blue light seeps from her pores "Well, I think it may be easier to show you." Around her chest the light is strongest and in front of her it begins to solidify into a solid beam. Light fills the world around them, radiating out from the concentrated spear of light leaving her. She holds it only for a breath before allowing it dissipate. 

The darkness swallows them again, but she is glad to see his golden pelt is still visible and not shrouded in shadow as it had been before.

"We both need practice, so maybe we can help each other. If you make a shadow that starts to get out of control my light will drive it away, or at least weaken it enough that you can. In the meantime, I get to practice my light magic - I'm ashamed to say I haven't really ever practiced much." 

Maybe if he got a better feel for what he could and couldn't do he woundn't feel so helpless. 

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    Dawns are heartbreaking - - anyone - by Khaedrik - 01-24-2018, 12:52 PM
    RE: Dawns are heartbreaking - - anyone - by Solace - 02-23-2018, 05:57 PM