• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

watch me close, erebor/any
    The silver-girl sees him before he spots her: his posture is what catches her eye, straight and stiff. It looks uncomfortably rigid to her, but she had always walked with a cool, easy step, relaxed and unconcerned. Though he looks older, she suspects he is roughly the same age she is. Ea did look like a two-year-old, however, gangly and lean but not awkward. She was thankful that she had never gone through an ugly phase, as so many young ones did.

He is the first to speak, offering his company. “If you’d like,” she says, eyeing the young boy next to her. It isn’t long before another arrives, a bay painted mare with bright blue eyes. She fancies herself intimidating – yes, a grown mare hoping to intimidate two young children – but Ea is not so easily bullied. The mare is obviously more interested in the young boy than in Ea, but she does not mind.

As the mare speaks, Ea flicks her tail boredly, her interest only slightly piqued when she mentions that the boy is a prince. She should’ve known – his posture was too poised, his demeanor too confident to not be someone of importance. “Oh, a prince? I should be so honored,” she says coolly, her eyes moving from the mare to the boy. “Where from?” She asks casually. Ea could see no reason to reveal herself as a princess; though it may have been obvious to them, there were no benefits to her confirming their suspicions. Especially since she didn’t know where they were from – perhaps they were not friends of Scorch or the Jungle. She wouldn’t risk being stolen away simply because she wanted to brag in front of strangers.

OMG SORRY ITS SO SHORT AND LATE

Messages In This Thread
    watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-15-2015, 11:58 AM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
    why can't you be more... interesting - by Smother - 06-18-2015, 04:00 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Ea - 06-26-2015, 01:45 PM
    RE: watch me close, erebor/any - by Erebor - 06-27-2015, 11:03 PM