• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Khaedrik.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The joy of that first day, of our arrival, has been long forgotten. A disfigured mime of that joy persists in its place, a kind of joke that we want to laugh at but know isn't funny. Ever since his birth, since I became not an only child but a sister - something has changed. For everyone. In my companion's eyes, a fear so vivid that I felt my own insides turning. In my father, a helplessness that has no answers. And in my brother's eyes, a darkness so obscene that I find myself captivated by it.

As of late, the darkness has truly been captivating me.

My visits to the dreamland have become more frequent and far more detailed, and my control over them has strengthened immensely. With a blink I can find myself there, though when I bring others the transition is often much more subtle. And truly, I have yet to bring anyone except Rapt. My mind calls for him, hungers for him, for the way he steals my inhibitions as if they are but hairs off my skin. 

Hyaline has been a good home for us, nonetheless. Kavi and Sig have settled right in, and are often busy mooning over one another and their newborn child. Sig has gotten the handle of motherhood, has taken Khaedrik to the playground and also given him his space. I don't envy her the job, though I feel far more akin to the child than I think she ever will - in the night, when I am near my family, I can hear his cries, and more often than not I end up dreaming with him, not yet strong enough to stop his nightmares completely, but determined enough that I can often hold him through the worst of it, and ease his cries into silence.

Sometimes, however, I must sleep away from them. The guilt wracks me, but I have been exhausted - one can only inhibit the nightterrors of others for so long before true sleep is needed. The bags under my eyes are growing by the day. But I do not mind. I love my brother.

When the moon rises, I seek him out, knowing that he dislikes the day light. He is easy to find, my little golden boy - the sound of his baby hooves are music to the ears of the hyaline residents, all of us far older than our one child. I nicker when I come to him, though I know that I am recognizable by sight, if not by smell.

"Hello, brother," I breathe into his creamy mane, a familiar greeting. There is no discomfort as I stand close to his petite frame, guarding him though I know he doesn't need it. "How are you?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

So, about the time that you got to give Khaedrik arcane darkness manipulation, I got to give Kagerus dream manipulation... and if you don't think that is SWEET AS HELL, then idk man. I'm so excited for this thread. It makes so much in character sense I just can't believe it. <3

@[Khaedrik]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-01-2018, 01:25 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-01-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-03-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-08-2018, 04:30 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-09-2018, 10:18 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 11:56 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-18-2018, 02:24 PM