• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Khaedrik.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    His thin shoulder resting against my chest feels comfortable and right, a familiar warmth that I know he only truly feels with me. I cherish the affection, emitting a low rumble from my chest, encouraging his friendly behaviour. I know he's had troubles elsewhere, with others who aren't me. I don't want to sever any of the connections between us - not even a little.

I close my eyes. It has pained me to watch my father and his wife interacting with the golden boy, pains me because when I was his age, I blossomed under such attentions. I lived for them. And if the reunion had between myself and Kavi on the day of his birth is any indication, that familial doting and love is still absolutely massively important to me. I crave affection from those who I care about most, and I see in his eyes that the same isn't true. For his character, they are over bearing.

It falls to me to try and interpret the child, to see him as an individual, rather than as any ordinary baby.

I arc my neck over him and groom his shoulder quietly. We are both of the ethereal, of the arcane. We simply haven't recognized it in one another yet - but as the shadows pool around us, and as the dreams softly call our names, I know that something is brewing for us tonight. The revelations - they shall be revealed.

I want to show you something!

My hairs stand on end at the exclamation, though I couldn't tell you why. I lift my lips from his skin and backstep, looking curiously into his obsidian eyes. "I want to show you something too..." That little secret smile is on his lips, and I return it, a subdued expression that is a mask for the excitement I feel coursing through my nerves. "But you first!"

We stand then, surrounded by the night. He is golden and I am a muddled confusion of bay and white; his eyes are black, my own nutmeg. Our differences of appearance are little considered however, as we contemplate one another in silence. We are siblings. We are blood. And more than that - we are like minded.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-01-2018, 01:25 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-01-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-03-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-08-2018, 04:30 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-09-2018, 10:18 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 11:56 PM