• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Khaedrik.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The air almost sparks with electricity around us as we stand there, contemplating one another without judgement, attempting to unravel the threads we have so tightly wound around the frames of our deepest secrets. Though he is but a child, he holds my eye contact with a gravity that sings to my newfound self, to the being who dominates my dreams and my powers: those black, black eyes. They call her to the surface.

And they call to other things, too. To the occult.

From his lips, another language: chirps and clicks, syllables I have never heard uttered. Again, my hairs stand on edge, and for a moment, I desperately wish that this was all just one of my dreams - but I know it is not. I can see that in his eyes - can smell it on his scent. This is real.

It comes, then. Borne of shadows, truly a shadow-monster. I feel my breath escape with no intentions of returning. The terrible thing steps forward with such dark intent in its eyes, that I stumble back out of fear. But my brother - my baby brother, not yet even a year of age - sneers an alien phrase and the creature halts. I attempt to soothe the slamming in my chest, and retake my place next to Khaedrik, lifting my head to gaze squarely into the unicorn's yellow eyes.

"You are masterful," I breathe, admiring his handiwork, feeling my fear transform fluidly into excitement, psychological arousal. The drumming of my heart intensifies, becomes passionate. I press my figure to his. Pride, radiating from my every pore. "A god."

He beckons the shadow closer then, closer still until it is pooling shadow onto his golden skin, marring his innocence - christening him into the league of darkness. I cannot tear my eyes away from the tendrils of blackness, from the way the two move together as if they are lovers, creators, one soul in two bodies. In my intoxication I wonder if that is how my dreams would be to me, if they could become animate. I close my eyes, tempted to drift away now and find out - but I must wait.

My eyes snap open at Khaedrik's following words, words which are too childish for his intentions, which seek from me approval and adoration. Though I am not occult like him, though I still seek the light and worship its wholeness - I cannot deny him those sensations of love. For I do love him. And in a twisted way, I love his shadows, too.

"I think you are only beginning to realize the true extent of your powers, Khae," I whisper, looking from his eyes to the shadow, each made of the other. "I have never seen anything of the like."

I turn to him exclusively then, an urgency suddenly forcing my words, forcing the intensity of my gaze as it bears down on him. "I've been shielding you in your sleep, Khae. From them." I gesture to the shadowcorn, to the monstrosity. "But I think it's time you stand up to them yourself." I stare at him, watching for doubt, watching for fear, watching.

"I can take you to them."

"All of them."

Kagerus
    sweet nothing

This is rambling pathetic garbage, enjoy
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-01-2018, 01:25 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-01-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Kagerus - 02-03-2018, 12:01 AM
    RE: Khaedrik. - by Khaedrik - 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM