• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

DO YOU VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE?? [all i.c.]
    Brick 

Solace

The Lake, the cerulean heart of their kingdom, glimmers merrily in the mid-day light. So many of the mountain kingdom's residents gathered here daily for nourishment and socialization, so it is where she chooses to make her announcement. From the sky, the young Queen finds a fairly open spot at the northern edge of the lake, dotted with violet wisteria trees and carpeted in soft mid-summer bluegrass. She circles the place ones, letting out a high and bright whinny which carries across the still waters and echoes off the stony mountains before landing gently on the soft banks of the lake. 

Solace waits patiently for the familiar forms of her friends and acquaintances to fill the viridian lakeshore. Once there are enough gathered to disperse her message the gold splashed mare begins. 

"I have called you together today to make you aware of a Beqanna-wide event which will be taking place in the winter. There is to be a tournament of sorts, and each kingdom is allowed, but not required, to send two fighters. All magical abilities will be allowed in these mocks, and contestants will be healed between each round... but they are still likely to suffer injury. The winner of each mock will progress until there is one champion." Her aquamarine eyes search each face, hoping that they will understand and have enough faith in her to know she would never encourage anyone to participate who did not look forward to the experience. 

"Hyaline is a sanctuary, and if we do not send two representatives it will bring no shame to our peaceful land. But the faires have promised protection to the kingdom whos provides the champion, and for this reason, I have decided that I the caretaker, must attempt this for us." Sky-blue wings flutter light at her sides almost nervously, she had made up her mind that at least one horse should represent Hyaline and she could not require it of any of those she swore to protect. Solace had carefully concealed any hint of the magic she possessed from all but those who were like family... but no more. It was time Beqanna knew that Hyaline's Caretaker could be a Protector too - if she needed to. 

Her discomposure is fleeting, and she continues in a strong and decided voice. "Think it over, no need to make a decision now. If there is anyone who would see a benefit in gaining fighting experience, find me in the next few days and I will also give your name when I give mine. " A pause and a breath, "are there any questions?" 

caretaker of hyaline

if anyone would like to participate you can let me know OOC sooner than your character decides IC if that helps with plotting. solace will be entering unless there is more than one other player who would like to enter. if there are several who would like to participate she will decide who is most fit based on skills/age. anyone who participates will automatically be placed as "Qualified" on the ranks board, anyone who progresses several rounds in the tournament could be the "Educator of Warfare" and if your character makes it to the championship round (1st or 2nd place) they will be Hyaline's Protector. 

Even if your pony has no interest in fighting they can still show up at the meeting so they are in the loop and they can meet their comrades Wink

More info on the tournament - http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18107&pid=66960#pid66960
    Solghostdoll2

I... wrote an entire post to this and it disappeared... That is so so disappointing.

Long story short, Kagerus wants to accompany Solace in the Alliance. Sad