• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any]

There is an emotionlessness towards him, he had not previously seen.  Before, his very intake of breath caused her to start screaming profanities at him.  Maybe that's why he had did what he had done.  He knew he'd never get on her good graces anyhow.  Plus, as far as he could remember he had done nothing to provoke the harshness she had held so deeply for him.  I mean, besides not denying he was Kirin.  Why she he be at fault for her assumptions...

A spark of worry only crosses her face as he mentioned Nyxa.  Concern for the residents well being is asked but he can't help but feel the same judgement she had cast on him the first time she laid eyes on him.  His neck stiffens as his crown rises.  His wings shifting with his weight and slight roll of shoulder as he speaks, "Yes, she's fine.  I wouldn't have let anything happen to her..." Hazel eyes narrow on Krones judgey glance, "I'm not this horrible monster you seem to think I am.  And to put your mind at ease...cuz I know that's what your thinking... I had no relations with that girl." A customary grin sweeps across his lips, "I have better tastes than that." 

The banter is short lived as he hears the truth of his on question.  A confirmation nod of of the emerald tinted mare is all he needed, but she continues with her plight.  Lavender ears swivel atop his crown as he allows her to bitch him out.  It's what she wanted, needed, so he let her.  But when she mentions their fathers name and compares him to Kirin, he can't help but protest, "I get your mad at me for what I did.  I'm sorry, ok.  But if I was so disgustingly like him, then why am I still here?  Did you know Kirin to want to be in any part of his children's lives? No." His face turns to look up at the twins before he speaks in a softer voice, "Well I do.  And if you don't like that then exile me now, cuz that's the only way you'll be getting rid of me in their lives." His eyes trail back to the queens face once more.  Awaiting a final decision...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Krone] I had no relations WITH THAT WOMEN! XD
    He is genuine, that much is clear. From the way his face turns sour in protest, from the way his words make her feel guilt (for what, she does not know), he is genuine. There is a long pause between them as the Keeper looks to the forest floor. Her thoughts are jumbled...she is jumbled, and she doesn't know what to think. Of all the terrible things her father had done, he had taught her one valuable lesson. It continued to stay ingrained in her mind, is that why she was so conflicted?

"I guess..." She trails off, letting out a sigh. "I guess I keep you around, because Kirin taught me that family was important..." The thought disgusts her, that she could've kept any ounce of advice from a man so ruthless. "That after all your friends, after everyone has left, all you have is family...no matter how disgusting they are." She looks up at him. "It's why Kylin stayed even when everyone left. It's why Deathwish and Maugrim are here, and it is why I am the Keeper. Because no matter how different we all are, we are all linked and the island belongs to that link." Her eyes roll over, back to look at Krom and Karat, who are whispering to each other.

"And it is why my heart cannot bare to keep you from those two," She shakes her head. She shivers, she feels the tears coming on. "Because while we are different, and while the things you have done to me are vile, we are still family and they are still your children." She turns from him, preparing to fly away. She can't let him see her cry. "I'll allow you to prove yourself. You have but one chance, Klaudius. But if you fail...you will no longer be my blood."
    Krone
    you could be the King
    (but watch the Queen conquer)

@[Klaudius] i'm dying xD Krone is getting all sappy xD

Something happened.  Something strange and glorious morphed between them and for a moment he sees a brighter future.  The bulk of his weight shifts onto his hindquarters as instead of kicking is purple ass to the curb, she allows him to redeem himself.  He doesn't dare smile though, cause those always curl into a grin and damned if he was screwing this up too soon.  He simply nods as she turns her backside to him.  A deep, primal instinct wishes to reach out for her earth toned flesh but he controls the urge with a slight bite to his inner cheek.  Allowing her to slip away with no more than a grateful, "Thank you."

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Krone] Aw! Lol and...his thoughts may not behave all the time XD