• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any]

Kromium & Karat

Just as the dawn began to stretch the sun across the island once more, they began to stir restlessly.  Eyelids fluttered to flush the sleep from their eyes.  Looking to each other from their resting place in the tropical flora.  Exchanging nips against earthy colored hide and bright locks.  Karat flips her head high as Krom presses his baby teeth against her crest, instigating his sister to fight back.  She doesn't bend to his wants but stands with a complaint, "Quit it Krom! Mother, he keeps pestering me!" Her crisp voice rings against the morning mists as her head swivels to seek their mother.  The search comes up empty for the moment, so with a swift kick of her left hoof, she nails him on the rump.  He squeals and leaps to his own feet, causing a satisfied grin to befall his sisters amethyst tinted maw.

"Owwwch... Whachya do that for?" His emerald duster of a tail whips wildly at his sides.  The dulling ache of Karats hoof on his bum caused him to snort in irritation.  After a shake of his head, he directs his eyes to her in slight worry, "Where'd mother go?" 

Karat looks to him with a slight eye roll, "What do I look like...her fricken keeper?" Straightening her head and posture she begins to walk forwards, "If you're so worried, why don't you go look for her?!" With a final huff of air, she turns to walk off through the tropical forest.

Krom grins with a sly look to his eyes, "Why would I do that when I could pick on you!" Lunging forwards at her, his teeth bare down on her rump playfully.  Anticipating another kick coming his way, he darts sideways then past her.  Emerald dipped limbs dirtied from a recent rain littering the forest floor with puddles.  Bounding from one to the next, he splashes mud every which way.  Sending a spray towards Karat and landing it right on her chest. 

"Ewwww... Krom!! You're getting me all dirty!" The disgust in her tone, matching the furrow of her brows, "Stupid boys," she grumbles.  Silver-hazel eyes search the canopies for any break in the forest.  Mother had wings and she often took to the skies, so common sense was Karat would probably find her soaring up above.  Neither her, nor her brother possessed such features.  The only thing they held in common was the russet of their coat.  Krom being the only one to be dipped in the same emerald green.  She, of all colors, sported lavender highlights.  Unknowing who they came from.  They had yet to meet their father and their mother did well to keep it that way.  

The forest was beginning the thin slightly as the made their way to a well known spring.  Their mother took them there often but only recently had they started utilizing it on their own.  Independence was growing stronger with each day but the pair could often be found together.  Each poking fun at the other to the point it may seem as though they despised the others very existence, but that was far from reality...

"Finally! Clean water.  I need a bath now cuz of you." She hurries into the flowing spring.  Cool water wrapping itself around her and removing the debris from the forest.  Lowering her lips to the clean upstream, she drinks away her thirst.  Just before another set of limbs are joining her.  Lifting her face, she looks to her brother, "Wanna help a girl out... Get this mud you splattered on me off please." 

His emerald eyes search her body to spot the tainted flesh.  Dipping his muzzle into the waters, then bringing it up to buff the dirt from Karats prestige coat, "There...got it!" He smirks with satisfaction, "Anything else you need, your highness," he chuckles in self-entertainment at his label for her.

"Ha Ha... You're soooo funny!" She scrunches her nose up at him, before looking to the rushing waters at their hooves.  "Now what?..." She questions him on what they do next.  Lavender ears swivel atop her crown as a breeze blows up from the north.  It is salty to the taste buds as always but something strange lingers.  Eyes and ears follow her nose, "Krom, you smell that?"  

Blood is Thicker than Water

Enter anyone really Smile

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Kromium~Karat - 02-05-2018, 07:59 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-06-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-08-2018, 10:07 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-20-2018, 06:30 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-21-2018, 07:55 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-22-2018, 10:14 AM
    RE: Blood is Thicker than Water [Krone or any] - by Krone - 02-22-2018, 07:59 PM