• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I Got Nothing
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    The field sways gently in the summer breeze, a melodic sea of green that is all too entrancing to gaze upon. For a time, it is all I notice, the swaying: with my eyes half-closed and reality ebbing and flowing, I dream of many things, most of them insubstantial, but they are pleasant nonetheless. As wakefulness knocks at my door, the last thing I dream is that I am high above the mountaintops, soaring on bird feather wings.

When my eyes open, those self same wings adorn my shoulders, their weight completely unnatural, but their splendor undeniable. I blink and smile at my handiwork, bending my neck to smooth some ruffled feathers back into place. Though the appendages will be gone within the next three hours, I shall enjoy them now: squeezing them tightly to my ribs, encasing my minimally spotted hide in feather and bone.

It is then that I notice her: another mare, winged, stunningly white. For a moment I question if I am truly awake, attempting to summon another figment to prove that this is still a dream. But no such figment appears, and I swallow hard. This is the opportunity I have been waiting for - I will not put it off now.

The grass parts easily as I stride purposefully towards the alabaster figure, my eyes taking in her Andalusian figure, and the way her wings sit much more comfortably on her back than my own. When it is clear that it is she I approach and no other, I emit a wordless nicker, the sound lyrical and inviting. With an appropriate space between us, I halt, a small, reserved smile adorning my lips.

"Hello," I say, wondering if she too will notice the resemblance of our traits. "My name is Kagerus, from Hyaline." The breeze blows more firmly then, ruffling both our feathers, though I don't truly mind. "What is your name?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-08-2018, 03:33 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-08-2018, 05:03 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-09-2018, 03:01 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 02:17 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 08:14 AM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Kagerus - 02-11-2018, 01:40 PM
    RE: I Got Nothing - by Ilma - 02-11-2018, 02:27 PM