• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    The obsidian painted colt could not help but feel a wave of anxiety lap at his heart. This portion of Beqanna is very different from where he set up camp. While the cave is hardly a permanent residence, its stone facade and secretly recessed walls made the perfect refuge. He had grown quite fond of it.

The cerulean waters roll gently over the alabaster sands, effortlessly rocking back and forth and stretching to just behind Jesper's rear hooves on the shore. Now casting down upon the young stallion's spine, Jesper can feel the daystar increasing in strength. From the lush thicket ahead of him, obsidian bronc senses a shift in the atmosphere. As if he is not already anxious. Heart thuds a little heavier, a little faster as anticipation build. Furry antennae swivel frantically searching for any clue as to what lurks on the other side. Salmon-lined nares widen in an effort to filter all of the aromas as his first clue. Suddenly, aquamarine irises befall the silent stalker who emerges from the bush.

Jesper's gaze locks upon the stranger while heart rate pulses even faster. The rest of the cobalt steed freezes with uncertainty and disbelief. A puff of warm air exhales in relief as mahogany titan introduces himself. To the same degree, Jesper feels even more befuddled by the sequence of events this morning. Focus diverts from mulling over his confusion to the noble gent that stood before him now. He is well-muscled and, carries himself with such confidence. Sensing that there is no imminent threat to himself, young steed allows a sigh to escape him. Glossy orbs and pointed lobes remain stuck on Brennen while the remainder of chassis softens. 

Collecting himself, Jesper finds his voice, so immature in comparison to the male standing in front of him. "Jesper. My name is Jesper." Obsidian youth shifts weight between quad pillars before left hock extends and permits char unshod to tip onto its toe. Raven tendrils of hock-kisser flick lightly across side as Jesper becomes aware, yet again, of the sweltering heat which emanates from the sun. Jesper attempts to organize his thoughts for a moment or, two, as he senses that it is him that should speak next. After all, he did summon the other. He voices the first thing that comes to mind, "Where are we?" Even though Jesper remains unfamiliar with present Beqanna, Jesper could not help but feel as though his current position on the map as significant. He allows for the mature stallion to answer his question before Jesper emits more. Whether warranted or not, he could not help but feel like he should justify his presence. "I am not sure how I got here." He uses here literally and does, in fact, mean his geographical location. "I was sleeping. In my slumber, a voice reaches out to me and, offers to guide me so, I follow it." Jesper leaves off anything more as he did not really know how to put it into words. 

It read and sounds great! I hope mine sounds all right...

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM