• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen knows that he is not supposed to have favorites amongst his descendants. The patriarch is supposed to love all of his brood alike; from his many children to his great-great-however many greats-grandchildren; but that just isn’t the case. He loves all of them, but he does not bond with all of them equally; it is hard to love capricious, mischievous Kellyn as much as he loves her daughter Carwyn who is just like Brennen, for instance. And he has so many girls in his family – daughters and granddaughters and so on and so forth, and he admires these strong women and the women who carried them into the world but boys

As a former Tundra man, the consummate bachelor of the bachelor Kingdom, Brennen cherishes his male descendants with a special fervor, a special corner of his heart that once wanted sons to bring home to his Tundra so badly. His daughters had no place, no future in the Tundra. The sons and grandsons could have followed in his footsteps, loved the Kingdom he loved. Even though the Tundra is no more and there is no bachelor Kingdom in the new world, he is old and some parts of his psyche will never change. If this is a child of his line (and he is quite sure he is), and he can have him in his life, he will do almost anything to preserve that.

The bay stallion is silent, observing the boy, until the dark child speaks. Then he shifts, head tilting, and answers the question in his easy drawl. “We’re in Ischia,” he answers, having no idea that the new Kingdoms might not mean anything to Jesper. A black-tipped ear flicks forward to catch the rest of the boy’s confused rumble, and though he is intrigued, he’s not particularly fazed. Beqanna does the weirdest things, the strangest things happen here; even boys who might have come out of dreams. Perhaps a few guided questions might make it clearer, for Brennen if not for Jesper. “Where were you before?” Brennen starts with, and then; “Whose voice did you hear?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

your posts are lovely <3

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Brennen - 02-12-2018, 10:28 PM