• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The great warrior settles into a comfortable stance as he listen’s to the boy’s story, seemingly at complete ease. He has practiced this, the ability to project an air of focus and attention on his subject even while he is continuously in tune with his island for any sense of danger or threat. And it’s not that much of an act while he listens to Jesper detail his dreams; up until the voice. When Jesper names his mother, it takes all of Brennen’s self-control to hide his reaction, not to interrupt the boy’s recitation with his own surge of emotions.

Because Bethanie was one of those special children that had always been one his favorites. Perhaps she had been raised in the Falls by her mother, should have been a peaceful soul like Neraza, but she had been as fierce as her sire. She might even have bested him, given enough time to practice; if her life hadn’t been mortal and then cut brutally short on top of that. And time might dull the grief, and perhaps having a suspicion should have prepared him, but for a moment he is swept away by memories of a chestnut-and-white mare with bright blue eyes. But he fights it down, leaving only a fleeting whisper of his ageless grief in his eyes before he remembers the boy is waiting on an answer.

“You have your mother’s eyes,” he says first, smiling down at Jesper with a real, whole smile. Not the half-smile he keeps handy for general use, but something deep and sincere. “And your grandmother’s eyes. I did love those eyes,” he chuckles, hoping a little bit of levity now will bring their boat safely to harbor through the rocky seas he is about to sail them through. “I’m your grandfather, Jesper. Your mother sent you to me because for whatever reason, you are out of your time. I’m afraid that your mother and grandmother are dead. I don’t die, so I am still around, and my daughter would have known I’d be happy to see you and help you adjust to the new world.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Brennen - 02-22-2018, 09:53 PM