• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The sun is rising in the sky, and accordingly, their tropical island is heating up, despite it being winter in most of Beqanna. Winter doesn’t really reach Ischia, as such. But he leads their easy amble towards the slight shelter offered by the shade of the towering trees, the breeze in the treetops offering a counterpoint for the curious noises of the parrots above them. They are often silent when a stranger enters the jungle, but they recognize Brennen and so they do not go silent and hide at Jesper’s presence. Some are braver than others, landing on branches just above their heads, and one small and especially curious creature perches with his talons tangled in Brennen’s mane to tilt his head consideringly at Jesper and chatter some birdlike nonsense.

He has noticed that while some of the bigger birds are capable of speech and will both repeat what they hear as well as string together nonsense, these smaller birds generally only speak bird. But he does nothing to unseat his guest, just lets Jesper fill the silence with the answer to his question, though he can’t help but grin when the boy says he wants to be a warrior. He doesn’t rush it, sensing his grandson coming forth with more words, and he is rewarded shortly as the boy seems to grow and become stronger in voice and body as he continues on what kind of warrior he might like to be.

“Well, then unless you have a personal mission you want to fulfill,” he offers, thinking of Hyaline while the little bird moves closer to his poll, grooming his dark mane as she goes, and he slows to allow her to keep her balance, “You will need to find a Kingdom here in the new world to serve. We’d be happy to have you here in Ischia, of course, but you might find a different Kingdom has a mission or a monarch you feel more drawn to. It is a very personal decision.” He thinks of Nerine; he had wanted to stay there amongst the familiar feel of the Amazons, but he hadn’t been able to make himself stay, make a home like he has made in Ischia. “Your next step might be to visit some of the other Kingdoms, get a feel for them. I don’t know much about most of their current affairs, though I do know that my Queen has allied Ischia with Hyaline, Loess, and Sylva.” There isn’t a great deal of confidence in his voice over those choices – he knows nothing of Loess and Sylva, and finds Hyaline’s complete deviance from their original purpose a bit unsettling.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Brennen - 03-07-2018, 12:44 PM