• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Sometimes, he is a contradiction. At least, a contradiction to those who don’t pay attention to more than just the rumors. Because of course, the rumors are that he is a famed fighter, a fierce warrior, and they are not exactly wrong. He has cultivated this reputation for himself, by staying in general remote from the rest of the populace except for when he stages himself in great battles and shows off his fighting prowess; the gladiator battles, the alliance, protecting the Tundra, the war with the Valley. He actually minimizes the number of regular battles he fights, to keep the rumors greater than reality.

The reality is that love is the driving force behind almost all of his actions. It was love for his father, and a desire to please him, that had led the boy of Brennen’s youth to enter the gladiator tournament at the tender age of three, and emerge closer to the top than anyone would have expected. Love for his Tundra, the family he was building there, had made him strive to be the top of his game from that point onward. And the circle of people he cared about grew, his reputation grew, and he used it as a weapon to keep them safe. He took no pleasure in hurting others, but he would not allow his people to be hurt.

Watching him in his element – as very few did – made his relatively gentle temperament clearer to those who were paying attention. Such as now, when he ambled through a jungle carrying a brightly colored parrot on his back, deliberately helping her stay balanced as she groomed him. It was also clear to anyone who paid attention to the way Brennen doted on children – his own, and others’. He keeps an ear flicked towards his grandson, and nods when he is finished. “The forest Kingdom is Sylva,” he looks towards where the mainland would be, where the continued autumn forest lies far inland. A part of him balks against sending the boy away; it’s not a small part of him that still longs to keep his sons and grandsons close.

A large part of Brennen still belongs to the Brotherhood, but he has not and will never force his children into the life he has chosen. “I don’t know much about it, but their current Queen is also said to be an aspiring warrior.” He smiles at Jesper again, a knowing glint in his bright eyes. “I am sure she would be glad to have another warrior join their ranks, especially one who will work hard to become even better.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Brennen - 03-08-2018, 11:11 AM