• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / warrick
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    She doesn’t quite understand what he tells her. One day she will come to understand they must all end at some point (that their lungs will have an initial breath and a final breath). Wishbone is too young to put those concepts together in her mind. She doesn’t know of her ancestors swirling in the skies above their heads, of the reasons why her father tips his chin toward the constellations when they glow at night.

One day she will. For now, she answers his enthusiastic snort with one of her own. Her father startles into a rare form and she seizes the moment. Wishbone will come to adore her father in his moments when he is just her father and not the millions of other things he must be — lover, Overseer, guardian, protector, friend, diplomat. She is encouraged by his excitement, feeling the strength of it course through her body.

She giggles when he mouths at her forelock. The tug isn’t painful, but comforting. Her heart bubbles with affection as Warrick challenges her and then begins cantering away. Her petite ears twitch in a moment of confusion before the words settle into her mind. Then she is chasing after him, gangly legs in a full-out sprint. She weaves between the undergrowth effortlessly (a sign of her familiarity with her home and her unhinged recklessness), determined to beat her father to the beachfront.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Warrick]
    We can keep this going if you want, I'm down for whatever. I wasn't sure where you wanted to end so I left it open for continuation. (:

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 02-09-2018, 06:41 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 02-10-2018, 09:15 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 02-15-2018, 11:00 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 02-17-2018, 09:27 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 02-22-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 02-24-2018, 09:58 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 03-02-2018, 10:46 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 03-03-2018, 11:00 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Wishbone - 03-05-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / warrick - by Warrick - 03-06-2018, 05:46 PM