• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette

She hates to see him flinch, but there is not a single part of her that thinks of taking back her words. If he was too blind to see it himself, it was up to her to tell him. Even if her words had been harder than necessary, but hey, it was Amorette’s good right to let him know how much his words had hurt her.

Turns he only hasn’t been oblivious, Warrick choses to stay oblivious even now. It is the least she had expected of him. Sure, it was already odd that he had been blind to his own words, and the hurt they had caused, but really? Did the bay and navy Overseer really tried to smooth talk his mistake? In Amore’s eyes that was exactly what it was, and through it he hadn’t shown himself as the leader she thought he was. And his words, his explanation, only make her think that even more. It shows in the way her ears press back and her lips thin into an even straighter line.

”Bullshit, Warrick, and you know it.” The words are out of her mouth before she even thought about what to say. He’d hit a sore line and apparently her sub consciousness thought he should know it. ”You are the Overseer and the Overseer is you, Warrick, you are both, not only one of them depending on what you feel like. And damn, are you saying that as Overseer you don’t trust my loyalty or judgement? I don’t know what is worse; that my friend doesn’t trust me, or that the leader who I pledged myself to, who I gave my all, does not.” It did hurt too, and right now, the ebony woman doesn’t know if anything he would say would make her feel better.

She is kind of ready to turn her back and walk away, to go back to Tephra, and leave Warrick to visit Sylva on her own. A shame, really, because Amorette was looking forward to their trip, but not like this. Her dark eyes meet his in a stare, ready to tell him she is off, when he speaks in a much gentler voice. More attempts of sweet talking, but there is more. It does seem he knows he has been in the wrong after all.

He pleads her to understand, but Amore doesn’t. It shows in her still tense posture, the way the corners of her lips tug down and the annoyed flick of her tail. Glancing away she shakes her head sharply, but then a soft sigh escapes past her dark lips.

When she looks back at Warrick there is only weariness in her eyes. ”Apology accepted” she offers him with a sad smile, one that doesn’t reach her eyes. Accepting his apology is all she can do, because she simply cannot get herself to understand. She doesn’t see him as two different entities, being Tephra’s Overseer isn’t some cloak Warrick could put on and shake off at will.

She glances away again, another deep sigh leaving her lips. Her heart aches, and it does convey to her eyes, though she doesn’t really dare to meet his gaze. ”Perhaps it’s better if you visit Sylva on your own..” she offers, though it is not what she wants. Yet, Amorette knows that heading to Sylva like this won’t do any good either. It is picking the less evil option.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Radar] Uuugh, sorry.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette - by Amorette - 02-17-2018, 04:19 PM