• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    She is not finished with him, however. His contrite words were not enough to quell the flame of anger that rises within her, and if anything, stokes it even more. He allows it, though. He allows her to spill forth her venom and her rage, until it is no more but a festering boil beneath her steady gaze. He had hurt her (more than he had initially realized, not knowing his words could be so sharp, so hurtful), and he felt that it is more than acceptable for her to be slow to finding forgiveness. She is so done, so over the situation itself, he can literally feel the frustration as she huffs at him, calling him out for his callousness towards her and his misplaced distrust.

Amorette flippantly accepts his apology (which had been contrite and deeply illuminating for himself), but with a thin press of his lips into a firm line, he knows that she has not forgiven him. Warrick’s tail flicks impatiently at his haunches, feathers of his wings rustling together as he adjusts them at his sides. Her words ring with truth and even his own sad gaze turns glassy with realization, though he knows that there is a part of this she cannot simply grasp. She doesn't know what it’s like - not truly - to hold the fate of a country within your hands, where the lines easily become blurred between diplomacy and the wage of war. Warrick has been trying his best to keep Tephra the sanctuary that he always has known it to be, but his protectiveness and worry seem to keep him paranoid, with a certain hardness that he has never had to deal with before. He cannot keep them safe if he is too naive, too trusting - he had expected Karaugh to sneakily follow her children back into the magma-filled lands, and though he is sorry that he had offended Amorette, he did not regret the assumption.

“I do trust you, Amorette.”

His voice is solid and unwavering, his gaze meeting hers beneath the furrow of his brow. She may not believe him, but he didn’t care. He would not lose sleep over her anger towards him now, especially when he has laid out his thoughts and feelings so plainly before her. If she deems his explanation and apologies unworthy, it is simply not up to him to worry over it. Perhaps she will realize soon - not today, of course, and maybe not tomorrow - that she continues to be one of the pivotal members of their home, and one that he looks to for confidence.

“I have been blinded by my position and I am sure it will happen in the future, until I learn the ways of an Overseer.” He pauses, partly because he wonders if she even cares to hear him anymore, and partly because he is worried anything he says will make things worse than it already is. “I did not mean to hurt you, though I understand if you still are now.” He turns to look past her, unable to keep eye contact, and looks on towards the golden trees of Sylva in the distance. Perhaps it would be better, seeing as she is still infuriated with him and his changed persona - something he could not help. The title of Overseer has changed him (and like Amorette said, Warrick is the Overseer, and the Overseer is Warrick), and he is starting the see the differences in his voice and demeanor that used to be dormant beneath his auburn skin.

“I will not force you, one way or another. The choice is yours, Amorette. I have said my piece and you have said yours. I still plan to visit Sylva, and I’d like to not go alone.” He actually would prefer to go back home now, to stand beneath the darkness of the volcano and stare into the stars (a thought he had not had in a very long time), but he knew his duty and would complete it - with or without Amorette, unfortunately.
    Warrick

@[Amorette] D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette - by Warrick - 02-19-2018, 10:56 AM