• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette

Some sense of relief washes over her. She had not realised how she had supressed these feelings and how much they had been affecting her. The reality is as a slap in the face, one to wake her up, coloring her world less black-and-white; make her realise that there is a grey area in between. However, Amorette does not take her words back, not when she is glad to finally be able to speak them out loud.

He lets her rant, speak her mind and heart, and does not try to interrupt her. The frustration has made her eyes all teary again, but Amore refuses to let them flow. Her short rant had been loud – and thus ugly – enough to make her pant for breath a few times. Her endurance trained body is quick to catch the said breath. The short break needed to do so is enough for most heath to gradually flow away.

In the same pause his words fill the silence between them. It is another push in the right direction, he says that what she so desperately needs to hear, coming from his lips. It warms her heart to hear he still trusts her, he, as both Warrick ánd Overseer. A breath she didn’t know she has been holding escapes past her dark lips, and when she looks at him again her eyes show less anger and more relief, though it’s hard to completely forget about the hurt already.

When he breaks their gaze she steps forward. Slowly, both hesitant and tentative, she reaches out towards him, to offer him her muzzle in the familiar silent greeting they usually share. Suddenly she wants to be close to him, not because she longs for his affections as a lover, but in comfortable and friendly companionship. Oh yes, Amorette is still hurting, but was it worth their friendship? Later she would probably blame her hormones and the upcoming autumn. When she speaks, her voice is much softer. ”A leader is never done learning, but please, Warrick, don’t lose yourself in the process..” she murmurs, her muzzle lightly brushing his to ask him to meet her gaze. ”I do accept your apology, though I cannot say I fully understand yet. Perhaps in time.” She has not forgiven him either, but that was less hard to accomplish than to understand. All in due time.

”You’d like me to accompany you?” Yes, she needs to hear it from him, she needs to hear him confirm it. Not because she thinks he doesn’t want to, nor because she doesn’t trust him, but she simply needs to be sure she is not misunderstanding him. Not going alone meant he could take another with him too, after all. ”I still would like to go, if you accept my company?” And apology in return.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Radar] <3

Blame the hormones and the emotions of reply to Levi for this 180 degree change XD.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette - by Amorette - 02-19-2018, 03:05 PM