• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette
    like the sun swallowed up by the earth
    Though the fire from their words is gone, the smoke still rises and spins, remnants of their conversation billowing them around them loosely, hanging over them like a distant haze. It is boilstering against him, soaking into his skin and clinging to each part of him, and he doubts that the feeling will soon be reprieved. He inhales deeply, though he feels like he cannot clear his head with a large enough breath, and exhales in a slow, rumbling sigh - it is one of contentment, for she has spilled her heartache to him and he has done the same, and though the two may be nowhere near to solving it, at least it is out in the open, and both parties were more than willing to overlook it for the sake of their friendship.

Amorette reaches out to touch him - the first physical sign of a mending friendship - and he does not shy away. She draws him back in with a single touch, pulling his gaze back to hers with the gentlest brush of her muzzle against his own, and he looks to her in desperation, nostrils flaring as they exchange breaths like they so often do. The gesture is comforting, despite the turmoil that lies just beneath his brilliant blue eyes. Had he already failed her? Already failed them?

A leader is never done learning, but please, do not lose yourself in the process.

Her voice is truth (when is it not?) and he looks to her with a knowing gaze, brows rising as a tiny hint of a smile twitches onto the corner of his lips. Ever the confidante, she touches the sharp lines of his cheek with the velveteen of her dark mouth, ushering him out of the shadow that has fallen across his face. She is wise beyond her years, he thinks to himself, returning the gesture by pensively brushing her forelock away from her smoldering eyes. He is losing himself, he knows - he is tossed about on the frantic sea that is his mind, and once, a very long time ago, he had an anchor of his own to keep him tethered. He snorts softly at the thought of the golden woman with diamond armor and pale feathered wings, and how he is about to stride into Sylva and see for himself that she no longer remains a part of his life, or Beqanna. Perhaps he needs a new anchor - or, rather, he already had one.

“Always be honest with me, Amorette. I am learning, and I need to know someone will be there to correct me.” His voice is a bit lighter now, though it is still trained with the weight of their previous conversation. He looks out towards Sylva, a deep breath leaving his lips. “I will always accept your company. Please come with me.”
    Warrick

@[Amorette]
    This is all over the place, lol <3
    But we can start a new thread in Sylva?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: as if a glass could contain the sea || amorette - by Warrick - 02-19-2018, 06:14 PM