• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Nayl~

It is cold now, the world is dying, falling into that deep slumber when all things become sparse, and the earth cracks and groans under their hooves. Her first winter here. It’s more miserable than she imagined it being to be honest. Spring through fall could be chilly at times, and wet many times, but she was able to suck it up and endure. Winter however is another story completely. She finds herself often sneaking off doing “border patrols” so that she can ignite her armor to stay warm. She doesn’t want to show the weakness, or distaste for this season to the others.

Wrapping her flame wings around her body also helps bring back the warmth necessary for her comfort. Its becoming stronger once more. Dead when it was handed to her, now children frolic on the sandy beaches, and both male and female gather on the grassy cliffs discussing and gossiping amongst themselves. Other lands have grown quiet, it feels as if all eyes are turned to Nerine, waiting with baited breath to see what the unfamiliar stranger will do with the kingdom that fluctuates between greatness and death as easily as it does day and night.

She’d noticed they’d shoved their heads in the proverbial sand, ignoring all else outside their own kingdoms. Everyone gets along, and no one wants to step on any toes. As they do this they grow fat and lazy, sleeping lazily in their happy bliss. Leaving their borders unguarded and homes weak. They assume nothing bad will happen. Until she ascended into a throne contested over, with only one successful ruler to speak of. She’s an unknown, an oddity in this new world. She just doesn’t fit. She’s to old to forget, and to young to not care. She sees them all as nobodies, yet they all manage to make somebodies out of themselves.

Nerine is not the Amazon’s, but from what she gathers they look to her as if she embodies the Amazons. Maybe in a way she does, maybe her knowledge of the past, and hope for their ideals to be carried into the future makes her just that. The embodiment of the Amazons. Yet she does not see it that way, she sees a new land, a new world, and a new queen introducing new ideals to a generation that’s forgotten what ideals are. For most of those she meets they are new ideals, never heard of before, lost to the histories along with everything else. There are a few, a few who know what she speaks of, and a few who were present for what she knows of. These she looks to and gives them the position and power to plant the seeds of hope and show this new world what they are capable of. So she goes along, tenderly caring for each spark found, assisting those in need to find their sparks.

She spends each day fortifying Nerine and its inhabitants. Safety for those not born of blood and battle come first. As she does this, she notices things, like how other lands follow her lead and begin to build alliances. They begin to cultivate, recruiting, mocking. Everything she does, they mimic. She must notice this, what kind of queen would she be if she didn’t? They are as babies learning how to be more. They sense a change, they know its connected to Nerine. And its strange to her, uncomfortable to be in the spotlight.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Nayl]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]