• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I am wandering in the darkness following your voice -- Faulkor

Her darkness was once light: blinding, pulsing light … this light has been extinguished; not by fear, nor time, as so often it is attributed. No, she has lost her in-borne beacon to a gloomier, unsuspected adversary: heartbreak, ravaging and pillaging as it has gone along, has taken much from her which can never, will never be returned. Like most others, she mourns; unlike most others, she mourns that time has left her so unfulfilled – she is a half-carved mountain, a half-dead tree, a winding river that, finding its passage fruitless, has curled into a pool and become stationary. She longs to have passed with time itself, into a murky place, an unspoken place – to have become that which she now seeks: a relic of an age long past, of a life unlived, of a duty unfulfilled.

But she was once cursed. Cursed with innocence and a dreamer’s capricious heart, and thus she cannot give in to the melancholy that pulses and wreathes in her heart. She is still Saedís – snow-white and doe-eyed and even in the wake of hope lost and dreams shattered she must not lose herself.

Tonight - her small feet lay claim to the forest-floor as if she has grown from it´s very soil, from the stones and the tree roots which trip her feet as she travels, alone (as she so often does) and on a solitary trek through the wilderness; she has come to find that the woods here are different, the trees older, the boughs more knotted and twisted than elsewhere. The water is opaque, the ground solid; it is as if the land itself is refusing the secrets which she would so gladly bear, if only to be within its’ embrace. But it does gift her with something else. 

He smells of a world which is lesser known and lesser traveled, and his eyes speak of darkness and riddles, and she knows that he is a strange creature delivered to her doorstep, wanting little and needing less. Still, my star-ember smiles her summer-smile, and the layers of hurt and gloom fall from her shoulders like shed skin and she is star-bright and innocent again, whispering a trembling hello.

”I am sorry, nightwalker, to have disturbed your peace. I am Saedís.”

Her tone is light and curious, and her stargazers’ eyes beg his own name in return.

@[Faulkor]

Messages In This Thread
    I am wandering in the darkness following your voice -- Faulkor - by Saedìs - 02-12-2018, 07:55 PM