• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Doll || Scorch || Any
    She has grown bolder in these past few months. 
    Though it is not much she finds it easier to stray from Scorch and explore her home. The beach was her favorite place, the caves that it harbored only took a week for her to explore. After that, she laid on her belly in the warm sands and let the sun heat her pelt as the tides lapped at her charcoal hooves.

When she was new to life in Nerine (and life with her mother) she realized Scorch was important and had many important things to do. The girl was afraid when she was alone at first, but the kingdom kept her safe, and mother always returned. It was when  Scorch meandered off for meetings that Mina found time to explore. Despite her lonesomeness, she loved these times the most.

Today she wanders into the kingdom, leaving the pearly beaches behind for now. Her ears turn as the birds call and the bees hurriedly prepare for autumn. She is contempt but wonders quietly where her mother could be. With a quick roll of her small shoulders, she brushes it off. Mina was a big girl, she could handle herself! 

She hadn't grown too much since the den, but it was clear the girl was set to be beautiful. The fluff of her mane and tail hadn't quite left and the scruff of her face and legs still remained, but her eyes seemed to age faster than she. They were kind blue pools that reflected more emotion than her words could. Perhaps her words were why she was so quiet then? She had grown bold... but not bold enough to speak with others if it wasn't thrust into her lap. She much rather preferred Scorch's company than any other's.

The thought of her mother makes her heart turn, and she calls to her softly. She knew if the pale mare was anywhere in the kingdom she would hear her. Mom's were funny like that, they just knew when you needed them. Maybe today mother would like to come to the beach with her? It would give Mina a chance to show her the flowers that grew close to the sand, or the sea creatures that the tide washed ashore. In her heart she knew her mother had seen these things already, but the thought of simply spending time with @[Scorch] made her happy.

She calls to her once more.

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Not a day passes that the ugly mare is not grateful for her beautiful child. As the months have worn on, Philomena's confidence has grown. The little filly braves the unknown and tolerates solitude when Scorch's duties beckon, a gift that does not go unappreciated. Independent children are not exactly prototypical.

The sun warms her broad hairless back as she maneuvers through Nerine, enjoying the hum of nature as it prepares for autumn. She smells distinctly of the field, of strangers and ambition. Unfortunately she returns empty-handed today, but that's the way of things. Not everyone is suited to life in Nerine, and she respects that; but her heart squeezes a little at the disappointment, and she flares her nostrils, searching for her daughter's scent so that she may spend her afternoon with a presence she enjoys.

Just as her large hooves pivot towards the beach (where Mina can reliably be found), a tiny, feminine whinny floats to her ears. Smiling, Scorch wheels around and lopes comfortably in the direction of her daughter, her disappointment forgotten.

"Good afternoon Mina," her gruff voice sounds as she pulls up next to the pretty creature standing patiently for her. Her cracked lips instinctively seek out the scruffy strands of mane that stick out in odd directions, soothing them down though the effort is fruitless. Still, the calming touch is commonplace between them, and a moment passes in silence before more is spoken.

What can I say? Scorch missed being a mom. This time, with her little one still little enough to cuddle and groom, is beyond precious.

"How are you darling?" Her massive frame removes itself from the painted girl so that their eyes meet. "Keeping busy while I'm away?"

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]
    "Good afternoon mother."
    The girl can't help but let a small laugh escape as her mother grooms her, though she falls quietly into the routine. She had always enjoyed moments like this, just the two of them caught quietly in the groove of being. When the hairless mare pulls away from her daughter to look into her eyes, Mina does not dare break the gaze. In her time she had learned mannerisms that were respectable, expected.

"Im wonderful! Not a single beach cave or tide pool has not met me, Mother."
    The girl made it her business to know what was going on in her home, and the ocean was so often overlooked! Though she had never gathered enough strength to wade further than chest deep in the water, she knows it drops miles below its glimmering surface. The thought almost frightens her more than the excitement that digs into her sides.

"How have your adventures fared you?"
    It was a question she asked herself constantly. Would there ever be a time when her mother had a bad wandering? No. Her mother was smart, she would leave if she felt in danger. Though Mina also supposed her mother was a warrior (as so many Nerinian women were). The child rolls her shoulders back at the thought and pulls her head higher. She should carry the pride of her home on her back for all of the world to see, shouldn't she? Nerine was woven into the confines of her heart and soul, and she hoped one day to be just as involved in it as her mother. 

"Did you meet anyone new?"

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She is such a good, good daughter - a fact that Scorch will not take for granted. When she first had daughters - twins, believe it or not - she hadn't exactly raised them in such a way that would inspire good characters. Scorch was young then, barely an adult, blinded completely by selfish ambition and her inability to process emotion. She was left with two estranged daughters, one seemingly lost forever and unforgiving, the other leading a promiscuous and sad, anguished life.

But Philomena - here, all of Scorch's personal improvements, all of her hard work and love, it has paid off. She can see that in the way the appaloosa holds her gaze, but even moreso in the way she shines with heart, with love. That, truly, is all one needs to succeed - and Scorch intends to encourage the growth of that characteristic.

"Of course they haven't love, they are eager to have such a bright and curious presence around." She's chuckling as she speaks, warmth seeping from her every pore. Yes, she has come a far way from the once neglectful, hateful mother she started out as. "Perhaps you'd like to show me your most favourite one this afternoon? I've no obligations today." Scorch smiles, reaches out, tousles Mina's forelock. What a good, good girl.

"Well, let us walk and I'll tell you some of what my errands consist of." They both turn then, Mina carrying herself proudly (Scorch blatantly proud herself, of the little warrior). The sparse Nerinian forest slowly falls behind them, a gradient transition from land to sea. "First I went to the field and met a mare called Sloene; I am hoping that she and her daughter will come to Nerine, so that you might have a friend to play with."

"Then I went to the stealing grounds to say a riddle to the faeries; no one has blocked it yet, but there is still time. Most recently I went on a diplomatic visit to Sylva, and met with their queen, Sabra. She is beautiful, but beauty won't fill an empty kingdom." She feels comfortable saying this because her kingdom, too, is feeling rather empty.

When something catches Scorch's eye, her ears perk up and she raises her head to see better - but they still aren't close enough. "So where have you brought me today, daughter? I am quite intrigued."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]