• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ilma, any

A little breeze goes a long way

Ilma exchanges a curious glance between the pass and the two mares, but other than that it is a lake she is not told any details; apparently this sight to see must be seen only, and not just heard of. She follows suit, easily walking and talking with her companions.

She understands that Hyaline is perhaps smaller than Solace would have it be, in numbers at least. The need for a constant guard is understandable, but Ilma knows she is not much worth as one. ”I was never practised in any warrior art, not have I ever longed to, so I cannot offer you that which perhaps you need most.” Or at least what Solace thought she needed. Ilma wasn’t quite convinced yet that they needed to show off their warrior skills to others, sometimes being a mystery was all it took to create the wildest stories, ”I would love to greet visitors, however. But I have not seen all of Beqanna yet and would like the freedom to explore and make more friends, too. Of course, if I find any stray horse I would recommend Hyaline first and foremost,” she offers.

Ilma agrees with Kagerus on the statement that more recruits may mean more warriors but not the other way around, nodding to that. ”Perhaps diplomacy is closer to my heart. Although frankly, most of all it lies with raising young children and teaching them the ways of life. I could imagine having some of my own. Perhaps if teaching is no specific task, I should have no rank or title. But it is what I could most effortlessly contribute.” She falls silent to think - perhaps diplomacy is still a thing she could do (after all, apparently she makes good speeches) if she could combine it with a form of teaching. There may already be someone here with the task; she would not want to steal anyone’s title, but she knows that the reason why she is so attracted to Hyaline in the first place, is that - the idea of a sanctuary and a place to learn, all in one. If not here, there’s probably no other place either where she could be at peace like she is here.

@[Solace]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 12:44 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-14-2018, 02:44 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-16-2018, 07:39 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-19-2018, 04:43 AM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-19-2018, 05:01 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 02-21-2018, 02:37 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Kagerus - 02-22-2018, 06:47 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 02-23-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Solace - 03-17-2018, 01:21 PM
    RE: Ilma, any - by Ilma - 03-22-2018, 04:23 PM