• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Trait question
    I was awarded healing in Creator quest and I am wondering it's limitations.

1.  Is it just physical healing? Or is it capable of emotional healing as well?

2.  Is the healing complete?  If she heals a wound will a scar remain or can any evidence of the wound be erased?

3.  Does there need to be contact or can she just wish it to be?  Obviously if she is healing another players character there will need to be permissions to do so.

4.  Is healing limited to characters or can she heal environmental things as well? Animals, plants, water

I may have follow up questions Smile

Also wondering what I could do to turn her into the unicorn from her quest post?  Since she has healing now it just seems fitting for her to look the part
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi
    1. emotional healing is fine, just use at your discretion. if you want to use it to make a sad horse happy, great, we just don't want it to turn into controlling others' emotions.

2 & 3. these are both ultimately up to the player, just be realistic in the use of healing - so the worse the wound, the more energy it would take to heal, there more scarring there would be, etc. whether you use contact or not is up to you.

4. limited to animals.

as for her becoming a unicorn, it will require a plot since it's a spaced trait, so you can submit one to any of the owners Smile
    [Image: Leah.png]
    Sounds great!

The only follow up question I'd now have is with emotional healing.  I guess what I was thinking is if a character would want an emotion healed if she would be able to alter the other characters perception of events.  Not necessarily just saying "poof be happy" and that's that.

Ex. If Lizzie had accidentally killed Sky and wanted to be healed of regret could the feeling be healed by changing Lizzie's memory of how Sky died?  

Obviously this could also have a weakness that perhaps down the road, an event stirs back up the memory of what actually happened, if the player so chooses.

I'll have to think on a plot.  I just don't have much of a direction for her and being a shaman healer would be fun.  Or if she'd go to the mountain to request an individual quest from fairies would that work?  What exactly is the trait space for it?  I was thinking doing a color change, add horn, and change tail or are we talking a mythical creature shifting... 

@[Leah]
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi
    Hi Neo,

So after reading this, we've discussed and realized emotional healing includes other traits we already have in the database (such as empathy). For the sake of clarity and consistency, we are going to limit "healing" to just be physical. Sorry for the confusion - it's hard sometimes! We try.

As for adding a horn/all the other stuff. If you want to go to the mountain for a color change by itself, that's fine. If you want to add a horn, you need to come up with a plot and email an officer/owner (that's a one space trait, so it still requires a plot). If you want to do mythical shifting, you'd need a much better plot than just for the horn and either healing or the shifting would also have to be non-genetic.

Does that help at all?
    Yep. Thanks! I'll leave her how she is Smile
    ~Actives~
    Deiti~Zain
    Escence/Eviction~Kreed
    -Semi Active-
    Kreation-AuroraElis-Demi