• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Strange Place || Any
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I take note of the way Amarantha's nostrils flare at the mention of children, and smile. If only she knew the type of children we harbor. My mind's eye travels to my baby brother, to Khaedrik - one of the most masterful manipulators of darkness and evil that has ever walked this earth. My heart dances at the thought of him, and for a moment, I feel certain that Rant could empathize with such a feeling.

In the next moment, I remember that I know nothing about her - nothing except that cold, demanding stare, and the words she throws about so flippantly. Figures.

"I suppose you will have to do that," I allow easily, as if all these airs she puts on about being high and mighty are unimpressive. And they are, really. No Beqannian monarch in their right mind would take in a stranger and just, shove them on the throne. A part of me wants to look at Hestia and roll my eyes - oh yes, of course I recognized her. What kind of diplomat would I be if I couldn't? Queen of Nerine standing right next to me, and by the tone of her voice, finding this about as fun as I am.

Fuck me.

"On second thought, Amarantha, I'm not sure that you will do my kingdom any good. The question is whether or not you're willing to change my mind on the subject." Although I understand that I am literally going against everything right now, I am too young, too inexperienced to handle this woman's attitude with any delicacy. All of a sudden, her bewitching features are less ethereal, and more bitchy than witchy.

"Well, you haven't met my leader, but you have met Nerine's." I toss my head to the ebony mare at my side. "And if you think any less of Hestia for having done her duties, for leading her team instead of driving it, then I'll have to ask you not to come to Hyaline."

"We are interested in building a team, powerful and trustworthy. Not some fucked up in the head hierarchical bullshit."

Fuck. Me.
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

YEAH SO TODAY GUYS, TODAY WE LEARNED THAT I SHOULD NEVER WRITE KAGERUS AFTER SCORCH. NEVER.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-13-2018, 04:47 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-13-2018, 11:36 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-14-2018, 04:27 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 03:35 AM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-16-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-16-2018, 07:10 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Hestia - 02-16-2018, 11:31 PM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Kagerus - 02-19-2018, 05:00 AM
    RE: Strange Place || Any - by Amarantha - 02-19-2018, 10:56 PM