• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / siona & any
    T
    heir walk back to Tephra is exciting. Wishbone particularly enjoys herself, chatting to Siona about all her favorite places on the island (her ongoing adventure of climbing the volcano, the games she plays with the waves, the time she stole a feather straight off a seagull’s wing). Wound keeps a careful eye on the two girls, incredibly glad that the bright red yearling had decided to join them.

They reach the shoreline of the mainland just as the tide is going out. There is still a few inches of water flooding over the sandbank, washing bits of seaweed and hastily-strewn seashells onto the sand. Wound pauses for a moment just before the waves can brush against their feet and turns to speak to Siona. “This is where we usually cross to get to Tephra. At high tide, the sandbank is covered by ocean water. You can see it just under the water now.”

Wishbone, ever a brave-hearted soul, nudges her ink-dipped nose against Siona’s shoulder. “I wouldn’t try to swim across if you can’t touch, if I were you! One time I tried and I almost drown.” Her tone is bubbly at the beginning, but as she mentions her struggle there is a sudden plummet to her tone of voice as though solemnity would help drive the message home. But the mahogany firecracker is quick to return to her wild self, splashing into the shallows with skinned-up knees before Wound can tell her otherwise.

It doesn’t take them long to cross the sandbank, though Wishbone pauses at one point to stomp her hooves at a small school of coastal fish that dance through the shallows. Once they reach Tephra’s shore, Wound turns toward the red fox-girl again. “Welcome to Tephra, Siona. Everyone here is very nice, and if you see a bay stallion with big wings, his name is Warrick and he watches over everyone on the island.” Wishbone is quick to chip in her own piece with, “He’s my dad! He’d love you. Maybe we could go find him together!” Her auburn eyes shine bright, excited to show her new friend some of her favorite parts about home.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[siona] & anyone else who wants to join!