• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you only need the light when it's burning low - Shatter Me
    Though Texas is far from being the most exemplary kingdom member, he’s probably one of the best in the Falls. Of course, there are really only three of them so that does not mean much, but Texas doesn’t mind.

He spends most of his time within the kingdom borders, venturing out occasionally to the Field or the Meadow. He’s tried a few steals and done moderately well. He’s not battled, but with his immortality drained entirely, the bay stallion is no longer in his prime. He’s aging, growing grey and a bit thin. It’s altogether unpleasant, and he’s considered – more than once – that were he to leave the kingdom he’d be back to his old self in a matter of months. He never leaves though, even with all the temptation.

Today he is looking for Shatter Me, seeking out the grey Queen wherever she might have tucked herself away. She’d not come when the Amazon diplomat was here, despite the fact that Texas had called out for her. She might have been busy, he knows, but he’s still not seen her in some time. Ships passing in the night, and all that. Raising his grizzled muzzle, the bay stallion calls out. He decides not to move, in case she comes quickly, and settles down in the afternoon sunshine, enjoying the breeze as it blows the long grasses of the meadow against his legs and belly.
    T E X A S
    immortal silver bay hybrid stallion
    king of the falls

somebody make me feel alive

She hears the call. Of course she does. Shatter has been watching and listening to all of the goings-on within her borders. She watched as the Amazon came and went and still feels shame at her lack of duty in not bothering to show her face. Lately it had been harder and harder to stand up and make herself useful. She still loved the Falls but their was a battle waging in her head. The hurt and pain had come back in force and she couldn't shake the ugly cloud hanging over her head.

She knew she couldn't mope around forever, so taking her feet she makes her way towards the stallion that helped rebuild the Falls. She owed him that much.

On finding Texas, the silver queen gives a gentle nicker and a gentle touch to his shoulder. She has nothing but respect and affection for the rangy bay. "Hello Texas, I'm sorry for the absence lately." She pauses awkwardly afraid to admit what has kept her away and unable to bring herself to make an excuse. "What can I do for you?"

Shatter Me

Texas returns Shatter e’s greeting with a brush of his own greying muzzle to her shoulder, but the touch does not linger. His bones ache each morning and while the waters help, there is only so much that they can do. There is no cure to aging, and the thought of choosing his own continued existence over the kingdom he serves has become ever more tempting. He has made no decision yet, but the creak in his neck as he pulls back serves only as a reminder.

“A diplomat from the Amazons came. She says that they wish to offer us an alliance under the usual terms.” He does not add that steals and challenges will be friendly, as that is what he means by usual terms, and he knows that Shatter Me does as well. “I told her that I’d speak to you and return to them with an answer.”

After that he falls quiet, voicing no personal opinion on the matter. He is biased against the kingdom of women ,but only so long as Prague is in their midst. She is not, as far as he knows, and so for now they are not a terrible place. Misguided, surely, being only women, but not terrible. Not the worst choice of an alliance. “What should I tell them?”
    T E X A S
    king of the falls
    She watches the way he carries himself these days, a creak to his bones, a slowness in his step. She wishes it could be different for him and maybe in the future it can. Texas was an integral part of the kingdom but she knew the longer he stayed right now, the worse his aging became. And losing him was far worse than him taking an extended vacation.

The silver queen listens quietly while he explains the recent visit from the Amazons. Shatter looks sheepishly at the ground while he talks. She should have been there and she can't bring herself to explain to him why she was not.

She smiles at him softly, " I would love to hear how you feel about the warrior women" a soft chuckle escapes her lips "but if you feel like they would be an acceptable choice than, by all means, offer them the terms. We are not a strong kingdom so having extra muscle on our side would be nice but I am not willing to give up our freedom so easily either. I have heard of how the Amazons once had more than a little sway in the governing of the Falls." She smiles wryly at him as she says it. She was not here and had not seen the outcome of their leadership. "Take as much time as you need while there. I think it will be for the best."
    “They’ll be an alright ally, I think.” He says, and even though it almost pains him to say it aloud he does so only because it’s the truth. “And I’m sure they’ll have some colt they need to get rid of who can come and stay here.” She mentions the sway the Amazons had once had over the Falls, and Texas tries to remember when that was. Is she referring to the time that he had let Prague rule beside him? That had been an unequivocal disaster. He still has scars from being pushed off the top of the waterfall.

No one wants to hear exactly how Texas feels about Amazons. The “exact” story is a tale so convoluted that even the bay stallion gets parts of it mixed up. It involves blood and sweat and tears and magic, and the longer he thinks about it the more irritated he gets. The fact that he cannot change it is even more bothersome; lack of control has always been his downfall. But he’s always been good at pretending, whether it’s hiding injuries of emotions. “I don’t want to be in that godforsaken swamp any longer than I have to be,” he drawls, grinning but utterly serious. “I’ll leave now and be back by dawn.”

He pauses for a just a moment, long enough to see if she has anything more to say. If she does not, he turns to leave.
    T E X A S
    king of the falls