• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

he who is brave, is free; sabra, any, wolves?
    The sky and flame tinted woman made her way to the edge of her forest on her typical patrol. Her half-grown son was tucked protectively beneath her wing, much to his grumbling protests. "Mother, if a wolf charges out, I can just take off and escape! I'm not any safer here than out there." The purple-gold mottled colt complained as the sound of other voices reached them. Sabra didn't bother explaining herself to him again. She was his mother, it was her prerogative to be unreasonably protective. Her worries were compounded by her son's handicap. It would be nothing for a wolf to stealthily approach the boy on his left side, where his eye stared out blind and china-white. Shaking her mane out, she hushed him, tucking her wing against his flank a little more snugly. As they neared the conversing pair, she recognized the voice of her ward, Lavendel. Almost like a daughter, she had been worried about the girl's safety as well. Lamb was mild and gentle as her name implied, and likely just as easy a target. If only her wings were broad enough to shelter every resident from the ravenous pack. As it was, it was only a matter of time before someone was attacked. 

The lady of Sylva emerged from the woods like a shimmering phantom, her discontented son in tow. There was a stranger with Lamb, far taller then either of the present females. Counting the three of them, she reluctantly unlocked her wing from around her son, shaking out the tenseness from it. "Stay close. And come back to my side if anything seems amiss." She admonished him quietly, before turning her attention to the conversing pair. "Lamb, what have we got here?" She asked amiably, her eyes on the big, golden stallion. He gave her the impression that he could be quite intimidating if he chose to be. That wasn't a bad thing. She looked back to the petite girl, a curious smile aimed at her. Lamb had the makings of a fine ambassador some day. She was sweet and likable, and had a good head on her. Yes, she was looking forward to seeing the girl learn to take on greater challenges.

@[Lavendel] @[Lucent]

OOC: Lucent, if you're wanting to fight wolves, I need you to fill out the info requested in the sticky thread. Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: he who is brave, is free; sabra, any, wolves? - by Sabra - 02-18-2018, 05:46 PM