• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  baby, please don't go; scorch
    I've been running through the jungle,
    I've been running with the wolves;
    The storm makes landfall sooner than he expected.

It slams against the cliffs, sloshes down the rock and rolls across the sand towards the waves that rush the shore. He walks alone against the tempest, untouched, unbothered by the chaos of the storm that pushes the horses of Nerine deep into their caves. His edges waver, they waft up like smoke, but he does not bat an eye when a huge wave comes crashing down on top of him; Kha looks around curiously, perplexed, unsure of just how he managed to get underwater in the first place and he ponders this for a split second before the wave washes back into the ocean.

“I can hear you, out there?”

“Can you?” Kha asks, tilting his little head to one side. The words come out of his mouth without him realizing it and he starts walking towards the light, intrigued; it calls to him, draws him in like a beacon of hope, a moth brought forth by a flame—he reaches out to touch his nose to hers, unaware of the way his body solidifies before her very eyes. His amber eyes widen when he makes contact, when he finally notices that he can feel the wind and the rain, when for the first time—in a long, long time—the ground actually feels like its beneath his feet and he can feel the urge pull-and-tug of the waves as they roll in and out.

“I… can you… see me?” He blinks, looking up at the hairless mare with wide-eyed wonder.

Experimentally, Kha brushes her nose again then jerks back in surprise. The wind is howling in his ears, running its fingers through his stringy mane—he’s real, he’s alive, he can feel her and she can see him. “Do you know where my mother is?” He takes a step closer, using her body to shield his from the stinging rain. “I… I really want to see her.”
    kha
    son of ramiel and ea

Messages In This Thread
    baby, please don't go; scorch - by Kha - 02-16-2018, 07:06 PM
    RE: baby, please don't go; scorch - by Scorch - 02-18-2018, 07:55 PM
    RE: baby, please don't go; scorch - by Kha - 02-20-2018, 01:27 AM
    RE: baby, please don't go; scorch - by Scorch - 02-23-2018, 02:45 AM