• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bird in a tree -[Any, RECRUIT ME]
    Tell Me Your Fate

The black appaloosa mare entered the forest, it was autumn now and the trees were all changing colors. Almost bare, winter was upon them, another year she would find herself alone. She quickly moved through the forest, finding herself enclosed by trees. She hoped to find another equine but alas she was alone, she raised her head plucking an orange leaf from its branch. Letting go of it, the leaf gently floated to the floor of the forest. now you are alone as well she mutters to herself looking back at the gaggle of leafs still perched on the branches.

She has lived on her own since her father disappeared, Porcia went off looking for him but just found herself lost and unable to find her mother again. She shook her head removing the thoughts. She allowed a whinny to escape her maw, hopeful that someone would appear. Why has no on recruited her? All the others were quickly snatched up, perhaps luck was just not on her side.

Porcia

The Golden stag had come to settle nicely under the autumnal canopies of Sylva.  Time passed as freely as the wind in his dark curtain of mane.  Thick against his muscular neck and blinding at times upon his face.  Each moment was spent carelessly but as the days wore on he grew restless.  The kingdom residents were thin in numbers and though he enjoyed the small family life he knew they needed others.  For many reasons but the main was security.

Well rested from a stay under a mighty maple, he rose just before the sun.  Heavy hooves carried his bulky frame from the shelter of the kingdom and into unexplored reaches of Beqanna.  Since arriving by air and sea he had only heard stories of it's vast landscapes from his ruler.  His amber eyes roved the terrain just as his limbs did.  Feeling each incline of hill, change of grass to rock underfoot.  

Skirting around a land filled with towering pines, his eyes strained to see to their tips.  A hazy fog curled through their trunks and puffy clouds hid their extended reach into the heavens.  Ebony forelock fell from his view as his muzzle rose to look up at them in wonder.  Tiny forest critters leapt from one branch to the next, chattering all the while.  He simply smiled before moving on.

The trail before him ends with these forests and starts of another.  No two trees were quite the same and some sported the bright colors of Sylva.  Pausing only briefly to draw in scents of decomposing tree litter and remnants of equine.  Nothing concerned him as being to fresh or near, so he entered the cover of The Forest.

A steady pace weaved him through the bark and bramble.  These woods seemed a bit more dank than the bright cascading light of his homeland(well his now homeland).  Amber eyes searched intently into the shadows.  Seeking out any danger.  His sooty ears followed suit.  Listening for a misplaced crack of twig or...call? 

His hooves plant into the forest floor debris.  A back hoof sliding a bit forwards as his head uplifts.  Senses wildly sifting for the source of the sound.  With a quick flick upwards of his muzzle his forelock clears his view.  Amber eyes trace a dark form standing amongst the brush.  In his pause he comes to realize it is another of his kind, but different.  So very different.  A scent like that of a spring morning and body like the oceans waves.  Darker than him and much less hair(though most here did).  Finding his own vocals he calls out a whickered greeting, "Hello there..." It nearly echoes off the dense woodlands between them...

Eros
    Will You Be Mine

@[Porcia] ugh sorry he is just so wordy for me!! Hope you don't mind Smile
    Tell Me Your Fate
    It was not long until her very wish came true, another approached her. Perhaps this would be the a new start to her life! Perhaps the silence she has been living in would come to an end, perhaps she can find a home once more. She scanned over the stallion in view, he was shorter than her, but his pelt was beautiful. It was a dark gold, but it was shiny in the sun beam. And then his legs, they carried hair like her mane. He was very pretty to gaze upon, she cannot recall seeing a horse with a mane on there legs, what an interesting breed he was.

He called out to her, and a grin grew upon her maw. She quickly closed the gap between the two Hello! she said with energy and all attention gazed upon him. What is your name? I am Porcia she finished with a slight giggle thrilled to be in the presence of another. She lowered her head to his legs and sniffed at the fur he wore thats interesting, does it keep you warm? she asked this time with a full laugh, she raised her head to find his gaze.

The stallion appeared to carry himself with much more discipline, most likely older in age than young Porcia. She was so excited to see another that she was unable to contain her excitement, she probably acted like a yearling but then again.....she nearly was.

Porcia

@[Eros] of course not! he is lovely ^^, please excuse Porcias lack of manners

It’s that time of year again. The males come out in droves sniffing out any female that gives them a second look. Currently Hestia is crossing the lands where the general population of Beqanna go to set aside politics, family feuds, and so forth to take a few minutes and just be. She remembers being one of those, basking in the life of a nomad. Life was good, she could go where she wanted, do what she wanted, and her smart mouth had no chance of starting a diplomatic incident, or worse a war. She could let her temper run wild and talk to anyone she wished just for the kicks.

Now she finds that she must be careful in what she says, she’s had to learn to control her words every time someone says something that she would love to just point out as being the most idiotic thing one could ever think of.  And forget about talking to random people, that’s something that will most likely never happen again. Everything she does has a purpose, every word that comes from her mouth pushes an agenda. Diplomacy, she shivers wrinkling her nose at this. Grudgingly she needs to admit, it suits her well. With all the activity she is thriving, feeling more alive than she has ever felt before, and that is saying something, as a century of experience leaves one with very low expectations.

She’s could have flown to where she needs to go, but she’s a bit embarrassed about it and finds the flaming contraptions to be inelegant on her. She’d never considered flying before, never thought that the skies were something to be hers. It’s foreign to her, and makes her a bit uneasy. Not as uneasy as these freakin burst of flame that seem to happen every time her emotions are roused. Are you sure they were a gift? the voice sounds gleeful in its delight of her discomfort. Hestia never becomes uncomfortable…

She huffs about to snap something in return when a voice carries across the branches, asking for someone, anyone to come to them. She can almost see the voices eyes rolling in exasperation, you just can’t resist can you? The black mare pauses wanting to ignore the plea, but there is just something… oh go already, stupid bitch! Her lips thin and she changes her direction, but she isn’t the first to appear. A male slightly shorter than she, but a lot bulkier hides the girl from view. Her ears flip around thinking that she might still have a chance of slipping away. Then a twig snaps under her hoof, and she finds herself exhaling resigned to the need to stay a little longer. Everything okay here?

Well it is a bulky male and a young female… one of two… or three scenarios is happening right now and she doesn’t want to interrupt one of those. The other two however, she will happily butt in on. she moseys closer to the female, giving her a once over to make sure that there hadn’t been accident or something. When she finishes she looks over the male as well, checking if she should be a little more aggressive or if he truly is there just to help. She’s met many who were well intentioned and many who were very much the opposite, and from what she can see he doesn’t seem to be the later. So she decides to easy up on him for now.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear
    you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back
    I am the storm

Let me know if you need me to change anything.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

His greeting is met with the enthusiastic presence of a young mare.  Dark as night with a splash of light on her rump.  He smiles kindly as she happily bounds forwards, presenting her name and inquiring his.  The deep baritones of his voice carry easily to any within range, "It's nice to meet you Porcia. I am Eros."

The low filtering of light thru the autumn leaves casted a slight gold tint upon them.  Her gaze focused along his coats sheen before turning to his feathered limbs.  Engrossed in wonder, her nose lowers to examine the stallions heavy limbs.  Without hesitation she questions the purpose for added length of hair.  Rising one slightly with a chuckle he confirms her observation, "Actually, yes! You are very right." A smile tugs at his lips as he lowers his forelimb back to the forest floor.  A soft jerk of his head and his thick forelock falls to one side, "I was not born in Beqanna.  Only recently have I made a home here.  Where I come from there is only ice and snow.  Winters are harsh and we do not have much for other weather." His amber eyes rise to the trees above them as does his muzzle, "We do not have such colorful trees either." His brows peak in thought, "If you enjoy the colors here, you should visit Sylva.  The forests are vast and painted every shade of reds, yellows and gold's..." 

Just as he finishes he hears a crack behind him.  Sooty tipped ears swivel within the tangle of dark tendrils of mane as his head follows the sound.  Muscles tense under his thick coat, but as he finds it is only another equine he settles.  Amber gaze roves over the newcomers curious form.  A slight step taken back as the dark mare closes in on the younger mare.  A question of their situation follows and he looks to Porcia.  A slight cock of brow makes his confusion known briefly but he is quick to rebound.  Steadying his weight back on all fours, he looks back to the stranger before confirming his intentions, "I was simply exploring and came across Porcia here..." Pausing as he looks to Porcia again.  Almost questioning her, "I believe everything is fine...?" 

Slight worry overcomes him that perhaps he had stepped on toes.  For all he knew these two could be mother and daughter and he had intruded on a family outing.  Or worse, was believed to be some male predator seeking helpless fillies in the dark forests! He nearly gasps in realization of what this could be construed as...

Eros
    Will You Be Mine

@[Porcia] @[Hestia] lol he went all goofy. Don't EAT me please XD
    Tell Me Your Fate

The stallion appeared pleased with her presence, whether he had bad intentions or not Porcia couldn't decide. She was well aware what season it was, but she would not allow that to stop her from meeting and interacting with others. Eros she said in her head Thats a nice name and indeed it was.

She chuckled along with the stallion when he confirmed that the extra fur upon his legs was for warmth Thats interesting, I have never seen a horse that looked like you. Hopefully the words she spoke was not insulting, as some could take it that way. The stallion than tells Porcia he was not from Beqanna, and the home he came from previously was full of ice and snow. She tilts her head to the right slightly, her black forelock follows. That makes sense, did all the horses from your last home look like you? ?Her curiosity grew, would she meet another fuzzy horse? Anyway, I was born in Beqanna, lived here my whole life. The buckskin stag than goes on to tell Porcia he lives in Sylva, a kingdom full of greenery. Her eyes bursted open as wide as they could SYLVA! she exclaimed I was born in Sylva her ears were perked and attention fully on him, ready to ask about how the kingdom is doing.

Her attention was quickly adjusted to a black mare who approached the two, she seemed less pleasant than Eros was. She asked if everything was fine, what did she mean by that? Eros was quick to note that everything was fine, although his tone had changed from when it was just the two. Porcia was quick to move closer to the mare We are fine she said with a smile on her face My name is Porcia! This is Eros she was excited to meet another equine, hopefully Eros did not mine she introduced him. Your pelt is so pretty, your black his much shinier than mine she the ebony mare with amazement. What is your name?  Her gaze adjusted to find the mares, ears perked forward anxious to know about this equine.

Porcia

@[Eros] @[Hestia] OOC: oh gosh lol she is such a filly

They are talking between themselves, and Hestia can not overhear what is being said. She may not be the girls mother, but she is… was a mother herself and can’t resist the instinct to pull the innocent under her ‘proverbial’ wing. The black mare perks her ears towards the stallion when she’s finished her inspection and is satisfied with the results. He’s nervous, she can practically see the sweat rolling off his neck, and the twitching of muscle as a small scary woman comes into the scene. She snorts slightly at his pathetic spineless… The thought is quelled by the words as he falls over himself trying to explain what is happening. He snorts as a dawning crosses his face, Yeaaa, you big lug, the voice can be heard rolling its non-existent eyes. She just stands there with a stony stare directed at him. Not trusting the gasp, as it could easily be faked. It’s not as if someone as slimy and spineless as this beast isn’t capable of horrors.

She shuffles closes to Hestia, and something inside the old hag melts a little more. She’s about to respond when the girl continues. Hestia ghosts a smile as her heart warms to the child. Thank you, I’m Hestia from Nerine. It’s very nice to meet you Porcia her voice silences as she is sure that words will come spilling forth once more and she’s enjoying the young mare’s enthusiasm to much to change course. She curves her neck so that she can nudge the other in greeting. What are you doing all the way out here?. Isn’t this area normally only used by kingdom horses when traveling between kingdoms? Or has she gotten so lost that she doesn’t recognize where she is?

Her attention turns back to Eros, as the question wasn’t just for the girl. A little curious as to what reason he has for being out here… if not to be the big scary monster that eats little fillies why would he be away from his home? As she doesn’t smell the heavy musk of meadow, or the cloying sent of the forest clinging to him, she knows he’s not one of the many residents that have yet to claim an allegiance. Besides the stallion is to spineless to be able to make it as a homeless. She almost smiles over this thought. Getting along with the weak has never been something she’s ever been good at, mostly she leaves that up to the more maternal/paternal personalities. And often she enjoyed… *couch* enjoys *cough* making them piss themselves. However, since everything she does is scrutinized now she curbs the habit. Even if its oh so tempting. She looks back to the filly finding her gaze locked on her and Hestia returns the look with her own green eyes.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

So stinken cute <3
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Eros

This one had an inquisitive mind, that was for sure.  Her enthusiasm was addictive and he was very happy to have stumbled upon her here, in the dark forest shadows.  

Their conversation continues as he is answering her, "For the most part, yes.  We are many different colors but our structure is fairly similar.  The thicker coat of hair keeps us warm even at the climates worst." He is happy to remember his home, friends and family for what had been.  No hint of sadness is found on his features for what he had lost.  Not all was lost after all.

He begins to speak of his new home here and she is familiar with it.  Smiling happily he extends an invitation, "Well you should come back for a visit sometime.  Her Radiance, Sabra would love to meet you I'm sure." She was a single ray of light in the dim lit woodlands around them.  If only it could last.

Just like a swift breeze another rolls in.  One much older, much much older, with a distinct flow of movement.  The dark mares presence is ominous as she slips into their conversation.  Accusing eyes burning into him as he explains his being here, "I was actually just looking around... I'm not from here and know only of the kingdom Sylva." His eyes find Porcia sliding closer to the mare, questions flowing already.  He nearly smiles, before he remembers the watchers eyes are trained on him.  Directing his next question to Porcia after she finishes her questioning, "Perhaps I should be moving on.  If you take me up on my invitation Porcia I look forward to meeting again." His weight shifts to begin his leave, a dip of his head comes to Porcia then to the other, "Hestia... It was a pleasure." 

Unconditional Love

@[Porcia] @[Hestia] sorry his timeline has moved on to Nerine so exit stage left Wink
    Tell Me Your Fate

The ebony mare tone quickly turned from harsh to a gentler one, this made Porcia's smile grow wider. She introduced herself as Hestia of Nerine, she did not recall hearing about that Kingdom but then again she did not know of any of the Kingdoms aside from Sylva. She continued to appear discontent with Eros presence but it was much calmer compared to the first interaction.

She asked what her and Eros were doing out her, she did not really have an answer aside from being homeless, but Eros spoke up. He noted that he was just out here by chance, he was quick to make an exit perhaps because Hestia did not seem inviting towards him. He extended an invite for Porcia to visit Sylva, she gently swayed her tail and smiled at him It was lovely to meet you Eros! I will definitely come and visit you in Sylva she might as well as have been jumping up and down like an excited child.

Her gaze fluttered back to Hestia, the mare with wings. What is Nerine like? Can I visit your Kingdom as well? her eyes full of excitement, she was basically begging the pegasus to bring her back to her kingdom. She was tired of being alone, she was ready to fill the void in her life where her family once was.

Porcia

@[Hestia] @[Eros] <3