• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a bird in a tree -[Any, RECRUIT ME]

It’s that time of year again. The males come out in droves sniffing out any female that gives them a second look. Currently Hestia is crossing the lands where the general population of Beqanna go to set aside politics, family feuds, and so forth to take a few minutes and just be. She remembers being one of those, basking in the life of a nomad. Life was good, she could go where she wanted, do what she wanted, and her smart mouth had no chance of starting a diplomatic incident, or worse a war. She could let her temper run wild and talk to anyone she wished just for the kicks.

Now she finds that she must be careful in what she says, she’s had to learn to control her words every time someone says something that she would love to just point out as being the most idiotic thing one could ever think of.  And forget about talking to random people, that’s something that will most likely never happen again. Everything she does has a purpose, every word that comes from her mouth pushes an agenda. Diplomacy, she shivers wrinkling her nose at this. Grudgingly she needs to admit, it suits her well. With all the activity she is thriving, feeling more alive than she has ever felt before, and that is saying something, as a century of experience leaves one with very low expectations.

She’s could have flown to where she needs to go, but she’s a bit embarrassed about it and finds the flaming contraptions to be inelegant on her. She’d never considered flying before, never thought that the skies were something to be hers. It’s foreign to her, and makes her a bit uneasy. Not as uneasy as these freakin burst of flame that seem to happen every time her emotions are roused. Are you sure they were a gift? the voice sounds gleeful in its delight of her discomfort. Hestia never becomes uncomfortable…

She huffs about to snap something in return when a voice carries across the branches, asking for someone, anyone to come to them. She can almost see the voices eyes rolling in exasperation, you just can’t resist can you? The black mare pauses wanting to ignore the plea, but there is just something… oh go already, stupid bitch! Her lips thin and she changes her direction, but she isn’t the first to appear. A male slightly shorter than she, but a lot bulkier hides the girl from view. Her ears flip around thinking that she might still have a chance of slipping away. Then a twig snaps under her hoof, and she finds herself exhaling resigned to the need to stay a little longer. Everything okay here?

Well it is a bulky male and a young female… one of two… or three scenarios is happening right now and she doesn’t want to interrupt one of those. The other two however, she will happily butt in on. she moseys closer to the female, giving her a once over to make sure that there hadn’t been accident or something. When she finishes she looks over the male as well, checking if she should be a little more aggressive or if he truly is there just to help. She’s met many who were well intentioned and many who were very much the opposite, and from what she can see he doesn’t seem to be the later. So she decides to easy up on him for now.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear
    you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back
    I am the storm

Let me know if you need me to change anything.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a bird in a tree -[Any, RECRUIT ME] - by Hestia - 02-21-2018, 12:05 AM