• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Come out to plaaaaay -[Any, RECRUIT]
    Durotan
    The large stallion strolled through the meadow, it has been some time since he layed eyes on Beqanna. First his father Romek left and than his twin sister Espeon disappeared. She could not take the heartbreak of there father leaving so she went off searching for him. Durotan took his own adventure but his heart remained in Beqanna. He may be returning, but he is not the foolish colt he was when he left. No Durotan is much rougher around the edges this time, and he has less hope in others. Alas he still feels the need to have a sense of belonging, it appears the lands are different with different leaders and he must yet again be recruited to call a place his home.

He finds himself in the heart of the meadow but it still appears to be a quiet day, the sun is hiding behind some clouds and the few trees around are orange red and yellow. He comes to a halt and looks around, surely an equine is bound to wander in the meadow, they always do. This is recruiting central, he remembers that from stories his father told him.
    Don't Let Go

sorry i HATE intro posts.
    Ardashir
    The year of adventure for Ardashir was not at all near completion until he had visited all the common lands he could, and maybe a few kingdoms as well. The meadow was a place that Ard had never traveled to. He had heard of the meadow before but had not known that all the common lands lay so close to one another. So, his travels would start in the meadow and end in the forest. The lands outside the kingdoms were used as a home for the homeless and maybe also as a sanctuary for some.

The young stallion was still learning the ways of the world and getting a couple new recruits to join Nerine would be a valuable lesson. The members of Nerine had picked up that they should go out and at least try to bring some new blood to the seaside kingdom. There had not been a guideline about the gender of those asked to join so stallion, mare, filly, colt. They all could be asked to become a member of Nerine and be welcomed into a place they could call home.

Ardashir had taken his trip at a relaxed trot and as he neared the meadow he slowed to a slightly fast walk. His blue eyes looked around at the vast almost empty meadow. The colder pre winter months seemed to scare some of the horses that called this place home away. Or, could it be that they had their own lives to worry about and not just stand around waiting to talk to someone? Ard shook his large frame and took note of one other equine standing in the tall grasses. He offered his voice to the air first in a probing nicker before he would start to make his way over to them. The scent in the air told him that the other before him was a stallion and as he came closer he made sure that his body language was relaxed. Ardashir pricked his ears forward and stopped his forward movements at a safe four feet from the other stallion before he offered his voice to the bay appaloosa, “ Greetings on this autumn day.”

It was a simple opening to a conversation. Ardashir was not the best with words but when it came to listening he was a better student. But, there is was out in the open now.
    The blue in an ocean of grey..

@[Durotan]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    Durotan
    What did he expect? The meadow is a known recruiting land, all the loners wandered the area. Although he waited and expected another to visit him, he did not think it would be so soon. He slightly regretted the decision to be in the open, he remembered how he enjoyed the silence. Another with a similar stature to his own approached, he gave a respectful distance between the two before offering a greeting.

Duro gave a small snort before responding I suppose it is he retorted, an autumn day. The season where babies are made, where all the horses go crazy on there hormones, and some regretting there decisions come winter. He took a deep breath, attempting to enjoy the beautiful smell before it is tainted with that of the others clashing amongst each other. What brings you out here? he decides to entertain the conversation, in an attempt to remove himself from the isolation he created.

He allowed his left back leg to rest, his right leg holding all of his weight. His tone wasn't of the most pleasant, so he tried to have his body show some form of friendship. The names Durotan, what do they call you? a final attempt in the conversation. He was curious to where the lad lived, Durotan was no stranger to Beqanna, he did not know much of the new kingdoms, he was curious if any of his Tundra members were still around, if they had found a new kingdom to call there own. Durotan pushed the thoughts from his mind and moved his gaze to meet that of the stranger, he had his attention now.

Don't Let Go

@[Ardashir]
    Ardashir
    The young stallion had to admit he had little experience with stallion on stallion interaction but, he was letting his instincts lead the way on this one. He had given the appaloosa his space and it seemed he had returned in kind. Ard took note of the small snort before a response was given but he shrugged it off. He turned his head looking around for a few seconds, “ Well, there are worse things that could be happening.” He knew what fall meant for some and even his nose had picked up some scents of the season on the way to the meadow.

He might have felt a stirring in his loins had he known some special mare before hand. His ears flicked forward at attention as he was asked a question. “ Just out looking around. It is a nice break from smelling the same salty air and hearing the same female voices that I am surrounded by. What about you?” He asked. The air between the two stallions seemed to lighten a bit and Ard rolled his own hip and shifted his weight into a relaxed position. “ I am called Ardashir. Nice to meet you Durotan.”

He bowed his head slightly for a moment, “ You look like someone that had been around a while. Do, you call the meadow home? Or, a Kingdom maybe?” He added what he could to this interaction and, he hoped that he was doing alright holding his own. Ardashir shook his head mentally and had to think to himself, ‘ you are doing fine. You over think these things.’ His shoulder twitched as some flying insect would land there and then take off after being shaken. “ Not a bad place to get away to given the season.” He paused and looked around again, “ I hope I am not interrupting you meeting a special someone here today.” The ashen colored youth would have really stepped in it if Durotan was waiting on a lady..
    The blue in an ocean of gray..
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.
    Durotan
    The autumn breeze gently swayed over Durotans body, he closed his eyes accepting the hug that nature was giving. The fresh scent, the pollen that was drifting away until spring arrived next year. His eyes opened again when the stallion spoke, perhaps about his comment on the day? Discussing there could be worse things happening, Duro could not argue. He gave a small nod in agreement true he spoke followed by a small chuckle.

The stallion told Duro that he was in the meadow to get a break from the females voices in his kingdom. He abruptly started laughing at the comment, They sure can talk a lot he joked. Truthfully he would do anything to here his twin sisters voice, alas she was gone, she had been gone for a while. He returned to his reserved state, with a smile upon his maw. I like to travel the area, just doing a visit he spoke reserved, not sharing the details of his lonesome life.

The pale stag the spit out a bunch of questions, did he belong to a kingdom? Was he meeting someone? He moved his gaze to meet that of the stallion I belong to no kingdom, my home was destroyed when the lands shifted. he paused unfamiliar of the horses knowledge of the lands, although he did not bother to mention details of the change. I have since lived on my home, I have been unsuccessful I guess you could say in finding a new Kingdom. his heart hurt speaking such words, he missed the Tundra, he missed Romek and Espeon. He missed the home he grew up in, and the equine who lived there. He pushed the painful thoughts from his head, refraining from showing displeasure on his face. He gave a small chuckle at the question of meeting another I live a lonely life, I cannot say I have a friend who I could meet today, are you here for someone? he retorted in the desire to keep the conversation flowing.

Don't Let Go

@[Ardashir]
    Ardashir
    Ard let his head slowly nod in agreement with Durotan at his statement, “ Indeed they do.” He sighed some and added, “ But, it is nice to hear the speaking of others over the endless droll of the sea at times.” He thought about his hide away for a moment. Ard was sure he was not the only horse to have found the outcropping of granite stones and pine forest to hide in. He was just the most recent horse to call it a place to seek solitude in. He made sure his ears moved forward in interest as Duro added some more words to the conversation. The appaloosa stallion had said he was traveling. “ It seems that wandering and travel is deeply rooted in all of us that call these lands home.

The white stallion flicked his tail some and licked at his lips all this speaking was leaving him a dit dry in the mouth. He thought he might fumble at any moment as they spoke to one another. Duro mentioned the lands shifting and Ard swung his ears at full attention forward. “ This is not how the lands always were?” He asked the spotted stallion. Ard could get wrapped up in hearing some stories about the way things used to be. He shifted on his feeting thinking about that prospect though and how Duro might feel sharing anything with the stranger before him. “ I could offer you a visit to Nerine. I would leave it up to you whether you were to stay or not.” He paused a moment hoping this was all going well.

Ard chuckled at the last question asked by Durotan, “ I am not here for anyone. I am simply a traveler today.” He was telling the truth. Ard had no one to meet in the meadow, the forest, or even the field. He was just out on a personal journey of discovery. A bug zipped past one of his ears and he tossed his head a moment before looking back at Durotan, “ I would enjoy learning any history of these lands that you would be willing to share. Perhaps it would help to pass the time between to travelers that happened to meet at the same point in the road.” He spoke in that soft silver voice once more and offered a relaxed body posture and a slight bow of his head once more to the older stallion.
    The blue in an ocean of gray..

@[Durotan]
    OOC- Sorry it took so long
    Durotan

Durotan laughs at the white stag, he agreed they talk to much but he did not mind it from time to time. Durotan gave a nod of his head, from time to time he misses hearing his sisters voice. She could talk all day, in fact she never shuts up. But he would do anything to hear her voice, he would do anything to find her again.

The conversation shifts Wandering and traveling is deeply rooted in all of us he says. Indeed, I think there are just as much horses who wonder as there are horses living in a Kingdom. He speaks from his own experience, from horses he has run into, and from those he has seen come and go. It is plenty, they come and go but they always come back to Beqanna, eventually you will run into the same face you thought you'd never see again.

The spotted stag sighs as his own memories filled his mind, he has seen so many faces drift away. He has found it hard to mingle with the equine that stuck around, there are so many new faces that he has never seen. There are so many new Kingdoms, and Taiga was no longer existent. The light stag asked if the land was different before, and than offered a visit to his home, Nerine. Oh yes, the lands were much different then now He pauses trying to put the words together. There were all different Kingdoms than the ones you see today. The land moving is quiet blurry for most of us, the faeries got mad at us. he snorted with annoyance thinking of the abuse that lead to the change in Beqanna. If the adjustment never happened would Romek and Espeon still be here? Anyway the point is, Beqanna used to be very different than you see it today. Truth be told he wasn't even sure how it was now. Did the Kingdoms run the same? As for Nerine I can't say I will go now, but If I find myself looking for a permanent home I might take you up on your offer. His voice is gentle and he forces a smile to appear on his maw.

The young stag mentions he would love to hear about the history of Beqanna, Durotan was not the wisest, and there were plenty of equines who were here longer than he. Although Duro was more than willing to help him out Like I said, I travel throughout the land but If you ever have questions and want to get away from all the mares, come find me. he laughs at the thought of being around mares all day, surely it was nice to be around a bit of testosterone every now and then.
    Don't Let Go

@[Ardashir]