• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Rodrik.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I, too, am someone who faded away. My father even more so - it seems to run in the family - but what makes us remarkable is the re-materializing, the seeming immortality, the stubborn refusal to meet with death despite his constant knocking. I am only beginning to truly understand this facet of myself, seeing it in the way my body remains youthful and spritely, no matter how mature I become in both mind and years.

He, however, has a very different body to look upon; a body that seems almost to wish it wasn't immortal. A corporeal contradiction, though in truth it coincides perfectly with his nature - a nature I have heard of from his brother, my father, though only in short and tense phrases. Kavi preferred to highlight my uncle's love for his family, and the man he was in his youth - skimming over the more current attitude held by the elusive, seemingly immaterial stallion.

It is the sound of his voice that alerts me of his presence, catching me off guard yet again, throwing in my face just how much time I spend inside my own mind. My head snaps to attention and pivots to find his figure, blasted in moonlight, illuminating his ever disfigurement and gore-ridden scrap of flesh. The whites of my eyes show as I step away from him, my senses telling me to flee --

-- But that is the light in me, and in truth, the darkness has begun to take over.

Flaring my nostrils and attempting to slow the rate of my heart, I replace my hooves, stepping closer to the stallion. One does not often forget a face such as his, a voice such as him, one such as him... But with my new markings, and the way I have grown since he met me as a child, I do not blame him for forgetting.

I was forgettable, then.

"Uncle Rodrik," I say evenly, if a little quietly, as the nighttime often begs of us shadow-crawlers. "It's me, Kagerus. Your niece."

I take another step forward, not smiling, but with a newfound heartfeltness in my eyes, a kind of longing and trust that truthfully is misplaced in the chestnut devil. But I do not question the ingenuity I feel when looking at him - just as my brother, and their mother, never did either.

"It's been some time since you last resurfaced..."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rodrik. - by Kagerus - 02-26-2018, 02:40 PM