• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am still broken into parts - any
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

There is my mind, there is my heart.
    How they went from “Nice to have your father around” to “I don’t want to be my father” and “I don’t want to disappoint him” is a mystery to Kylin. Well, yes, she’d asked Bristol what she desires, what she wants in life, but this hadn’t been the kind of answer she’d expected. So all she can do is blink her hazel eyes at the bay mare, her dished head tilting slightly.

”You’re not him..” she thus says. How could Bristol be Brennen? Yes, she kind of resembled him, but so did she and Kharon resemble Father. And Kali resembled both their parents. (The memories another pang in her chest.) Nevertheless, Kylin would’ve been perfectly content to live in the shadows, Kharon’s preferably. And thus does she not understand Bristol’s struggles.

When she had started talking about the smaller island on which they are currently standing, never had Kylin imagined it would lead to Bristol’s proposal. Honestly, the idea of someone wanting to do something with her is rather unsettling and definitely confusing. Who would want to hang out with her? In Kylin’s defence: everybody else had already left long ago. So why would Bristol be different?

She is so flabbergasted that she doesn’t move along. Instead she stares at the Bristol’s color changing wings as the mare moves away from her, blinking her eyes slowly as she attempts to process what just happened. Kylin’s breath stocks when the bay stops and turns to look back. Would she have changed her mind already? Bristol proves otherwise. Did she really just invited Kylin to come along?

Their gazes meet, Kylin’s eyes growing wider, and then her ears flick forward. Just as quickly they turn back too, hesitant. It does not stop her from speaking though: ”C-coming!” And so Kylin does. By the time she reaches the treeline where Bristol stands, both her lavender ears are pointing forward again. ”The pond is to the left from here.”

After all, hadn’t Bristol been looking for water when she first approached?

Messages In This Thread
    I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 02-21-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-03-2018, 06:44 AM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-09-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-13-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-23-2018, 03:15 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM