• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am still broken into parts - Klaudius
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

There is my mind, there is my heart.
    From where she lies on the beach – crashed down in the shade of a palm tree, though soon the sun would soon casts its rays upon her again – she watches the waves roll onto the wet sand. The sight is hypnotising.

Starting high and fast, foam colors the water white at some points, rolling faster and higher until a certain point. From there they slow, lose speed and height, as they fight to reach the beach. But even once they do, the big ocean sucks the water back into her embrace almost right away. It never stops, one after another the waves keep coming, and thus they keep Kylin’s mind occupied.

The sound of the crashing waves, the salty smell in the air, the noise produced by the parrots, all make the home she knows so well. One the lavender tobiano mare had been part of the island, part of Ischia, but nowadays she is more like a stranger to it. Kylin probably wouldn’t even recognize her own reflection in water, let alone that others would be able to see through the mess she has become.

Thinned to where her ribs show; her mane and tail one big mess of knotted dreadlocks; filth clinging to her coat; and hazel eyes that are so dull that one might wonder if she is blind. Kylin could as well have been, but alas, she is not. And thus she watches wave after wave rolling onto the beach.

She had left Ischia’s main island quite a while ago, making home of one of the smaller ones north of it like Queen Ea had done before her. It’s nice and quiet there. No concerned looks, no pity, no attempts to cheer her up; she liked to believe it offered her peace, but deep down Kylin knows that is not true. Alone her thoughts keep getting haunted by the ones she loved, those who she had thought loved her in return. Each single memory hurts, though the pain is getting less and less, or perhaps she was just starting to lose any sense of emotion all together.

@[Neo]

He had grown quite comfortable here.  Memorizing each bend of sand, sea cavern and grove of jungle.  His usual position in the sky made this easy.  Lavender feathers carried him across the landscape with much ease.  This gave his eyes time to map the kingdom in his mind, along with noting anything out of place.  There was little that went unnoticed by the purple stallion.

The mighty thrust of his flight appendages moved him towards the western edge.  A slight shift in weight turns him lazily to view the small scattered isles there.  Nothing usually inhabited the rocky flats but today there is a fading trail of tracks on the sea foamed beaches.  His brow cocks curiously as again his weight shifts to curl him around like a vulture.  Scoping the situation from the vantage point he so often held.

No being stirs but he grows more curious to what had crossed the sands here, so he begins a soft descent.  His hooves land quietly on the malleable earth, feathers tucking to his sides.  Nares flare to inhale the scents of sea salt and ocean debris.  A decaying sea creature was not far, he can tell.  Silver eyes look to the prints in a trail before him.  They look to be several days old and resemble his own.  Lowering his maw to the beach, he attempts to draw any clues through it's smell, but any hints are gone.  He decides to follow what is left of the trail.  Limbs move at a casual pace, lavender whips ridding flies from his hide.  His ears swivel to hear the cry of gulls and tandem licking of waves.

Nearing a slight bend in the isle, the prints lead up towards the treeline.  A few palms were collected here, and as luck would have it, a familiar figure is tucked under it's shady canopy. "Kylin!" He calls out in surprised confusion.  Slowing his pace briefly to access before continuing up to her. His eyes scan her pathetic existence here before adding, "You look like shit. What the hell happened?" He lacked empathy but he wasn't there to pity the poor girl.  Obviously she had done a pretty good job of that herself.  

Coming to stand near her, the palms shade shifted and with it the sun bore down on her, so he created his own shadow to fall across her.  Wings loosened from his sides to expand the shade he created.  Bringing his muzzle to her crest, he plucked dried sea grass from her mane.  Ears waiting intently for her explaination... 

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Kylin] Smile
    kylin

The sun is pleasantly warm against her skin, warming her where her body was slowly starting to fail to do that itself. The more time passes, the more sunlight is cast upon her, the shade slowly turning away. It makes her drowsy – or is it the lack of energy? – and Kylin does not bother to fight her heavy eyes. With the sound of crashing waves to sooth her she starts to doze off.

Until suddenly her name is called out. Disorientated she lifts her white and lavender head, blinking her hazel eyes against the suddenly too bright sunlight. Her tired eyes then find a figure looming over her. The sight has her gasping for breath, unable to believe her eyes. Is he really standing there? ”Kharon?” she breaths out in a soft whisper, shuddering as she peers at the lavender winged male staring down at her. She relishes in his attention, the worry upon his features, finally he is looking at her again, finally head come to her.

Or hadn’t he? The male staring down at her doesn’t look worried in the least, in fact, his expression was rather blanc. Not caring like she had imagined. The realisation hits her hard. Kylin’s eyes instantly tear up, and as the first sob breaks free from her lips her whole body starts shaking. Within moments she’s crying loudly, gasping for air in between heart wrecking sobs.

Kharon hadn’t come for her. How could she have been so stupid to think that? He wouldn’t come back for her. He had left her for good. She wasn’t worth him, he deserved so much better. And yet, the lavender tobiano woman is not able to forget her twin, or to get over him. Each new heartbreak of someone leaving her only making her remember hím. Her long lost twin.

Because it is not Kharon who stands watching over her, shielding her with spread wings, but it is Klaudius instead.

@[Neo] <3

His eyes watch as her face turns from slight hope to an all out lose of emotional control.  Cocking his head as his ears fall back and brows furrow, "Kharon?" There is a momentary lapse in his speech as thoughts jump to conclusions.  His voice more stern this time, "Did he do this to you Kylin? Where the fuck is he?!" His lavender face rises as his eyes look around them.  As far as he could tell it was just them two on the small isle but if this Kharon was anywhere near, oh he'd find him.

The finned girl is falling apart in front of him and he is unsure exactly what is going on.  Lowering his head again, he bumps his muzzle to Kylin's cheek.  It was his effort of being compassionate. "Come on Ky.  Let's get you up, find some fresh water and....maybe take a bath.  Cuz girl, it smells like dead fish around here and I'm not sure I see any." Pressing the bridge of his nose to her shoulder he encourages her to stand, "You can tell me everything while we look for a pond...now.lets.get.up." Gritting his teeth he pushes against her body with a heave... 

Klaudius

@[Kylin] he's being helpful. Yes he is lol
    kylin

She barely registers his voice, not only because of her own sobs, but also because is lost in pain and grief. Klaudius had looked like Kharon, only for a moment, but long enough for Kylin to believe it was him. Her hope was silly, stupid even, but she cannot help it. Now he’s gone, she realises how much she actually loves him.

The truth and realisation hurt, quite badly too. ”He’s gone. He’s really gone..” Is all she can whisper once she has calmed down from her outburst. Too many tears she has shed lately, her voice hoarse from all the crying.

From her position on the ground Kylin looks up to Klaudius, unable to not lean her cheek against his muzzle as the tears keep her hazel eyes wet. ”Gone..” Left me alone. Again his words fall to deaf ears, but she does respond to his presence, the physical contact between their bodies. It is easier like that, not having to think and just follow Klaudius’ lead. Slowly she moves to get up, first her forelegs stretching, followed by lifting her hind from the ground. It takes too much effort, forcing her to breath a couple of times deeply to catch her breath again. Kylin barely notices.

Her hazel eyes watch over the sea, the sound of the crashing waves suddenly loud too her ears. For a moment she is lost, even forgetting about Klaudius’ presence. The sight standing is worse than the one lying down, but she is not yet a horror show either. Just a little glimpse of her ribs showing, and her hipbones a little more prominent than what is considered normal. But even in the sun, Kylin looks pale and lifeless.

She is murmuring words as he moves to push her into a stand.  He doesn't make sense of it, just yet.  Maybe it was delirium setting in from being in such a poor state.  So he dismisses it for now.  

Slowly she rises and leans against him for support.  He cannot image the distress she is in both physically and mentally, but clearly something is horribly wrong.  He allows her to use himself as a crutch.  Slowly they begin to traverse down the sandy beaches and cross into a grassy plain harbored on the island.  Following his nose to where he is certain there is fresh water.  It couldn't be far.

His silver-hazel eyes scan the terrain to find a trickling spring flowing into a decent sized pond.  He nearly smiles in satisfaction as it comes into view, "There it is Kylin.  Fresh water.  Let's get something to drink and maybe wash that smell off you...then we can chat a bit, huh? That sound good." 

Soon they are at the waters edge.  He allows her to drink first.  Eyes watching for anything out of place or if this Kharon should show up, he'd be ready to kick the piss out of whoever it was...

Klaudius

@[Kylin]
    kylin

Somewhere in the back of her mind things click into place. Klaudius had asked her if Kharon had done ’this’ to her, and where he was. He doesn’t know Kharon. Nobody in Ischia knows of her twin. Even without it being an active thought, the realisation hits Kylin like another smack in the face. Fresh sobs break to the surface and she stumbles into Klaudius’ side. Without his support she surely would have stumbled to the ground again.

The lavender woman isn’t paying attention to where they are going; she simply does not care. If not for Klaudius she would’ve still lied at the beach, probably into the blazing and unforgiving sun by now. Kylin doesn’t share his enthusiasm for finding a pond.

For a moment she eyes the pond, staring at her own reflection without recognition. Then, to do Klaudius a favour, she dips her head to the surface, effectively breaking the mirror. The water is fresh and neither too hot or too cold. Nevertheless it settles unpleasantly in her empty stomach, but Kylin does not have the heart to show it.

Because even in her lost state of being, she does cling to any and all that is offered to her. A part of her needs this, his attention and guidance, him taking care of her. Like once Kharon had done, and then Ivar whenever he came to visit. Slowly Kylin lifts her gaze from his reflection in the water, her hazel eyes searching his. ”He.. He is gone..” she speaks with quivering lips, fresh tears wetting her eyes, but this time Kylin refuses to let them fall. ”But you’re here.”

And he had told her she was filthy, and that she smelled like the stench of dead things. She needed a bath. Her eyes are on the pond again, her legs trembling with both effort and the energy draining emotions. Kylin takes one step forward, shaky and unsteady. No, she wouldn’t be able to do this alone. Without looking up at him, not daring, she reaches out to someone for the first time since her world had fallen apart. ”P-please help me..?”

@[Neo] <3

The lavender and cream girl leans against him as she sips quietly at the water.  He waits until she is done and seems slightly put together before speaking again, "Of course I'm here Kylin.  We are family and I never abandon family." He remains her crutch as she attempts to step into the pond, her legs wavering slightly, "I've got you Kylin." He tries his best to be empathetic. For now at least.

They inch into the center of the pond.  It isn't deep, coming up to his knees, so he dips his muzzle to the surface to wet his lips.  Quickly bringing them up and over her so the droplets soak her hide.  With a soft touch he washes the caked mud from a spot near her withers.  Eyes watching if she'd protest him touching her.  

With another dip of his muzzle, he begins to wash off another spot but questions her, "Who is this Kharon?" He knows the risk he is taking to ask but he needed to know who they were dealing with exactly. 

Klaudius

@[Kylin]
    kylin

If she had been in a slightly better state of mind, she would’ve realised what Klaudius’ had just said. She would’ve questioned what he meant by ‘family’, and how they were related. Now she just shrugs it off, barely registering it. Family could just as well be how he saw all Ischia’s habitants, it must be, as Kylin is no one special in the first place. ”You’re here..” Instead she repeats her words, like a broken record.

It is with his help that she manages to move to the middle of the small pond. The water does not reach high enough for her to bathe, but perhaps that is a good thing. Here she couldn’t drown either – not that death would take her. The cold water, his muzzle on her skin, makes her startle. Kylin softly gasps, eyes widening ever so slightly as her hazel gaze moves to meet Klaudius’. ”It’s cold..” she murmurs, the understatement of the century. But she does not object it, and instead steps closer towards the winged lavender stallion, as to wordlessly ask him to continue. Kylin needs him.

Her eyes fall half closed as he continues, and although the water feels cold against her skin, she relaxes under the treatment. It feels better than she likes to admit. Kylin does not answer his question right away, muscles tensing a little before relaxing. My lover. A soft sigh, and she avoids his gaze. ”My twin..” is the murmured answer she offers instead.

He is busily tending to the the lavender girl.  Massaging the cool waters into her warm flesh to wash away the filth that has collected on her body.  Her muscles ripple under her taut skin as the droplets land upon her.  The light find at her side flutter slightly and he can't help but look at her oddity.  From this close he can appreciate their almost ice like appearance with their translucent make and shimmer of light that cascades across them.  

His observations are interrupted by her answer of who this Kharon was.  A sibling, a twin nonetheless.  His head cocks slightly in contemplation as he decides on words that may ease her suffering.  Nothing he could say would make him come back but he could offer alternatives, "You are a strong women Kylin.  He was a fool to leave you.  You never leave family behind." He pauses to wash another speck of dirt from her pied coat, "I'm here for you Kylin and I'd never leave you behind." His voice was filled with sincerity.  Family was everything.  Lovers came and went but family was life.

His silver eyes look to her to hopefully find some content in her features to his words.  She is nearly as flawless as the first time he had met her.  Thinking back to that day, he had known there was relation between them.  Maybe distantly but undeniably there.  So he proposed an idea, "Would you like to meet more family Kylin?  I'd love for you to meet them and I think they'd love to meet you too." His eyes are hopeful that she'd agree to come meet his own set of twins...  

Klaudius

@[Kylin]