• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am still broken into parts - Klaudius
    kylin
    html code by Toli, design idea based on "Dovev" by Laura

There is my mind, there is my heart.
    Little by little she relaxes. Her eyes start to droop a little, ears flick sideways, her left hindleg is resting, and her tail gently sways in the soft breeze – as far as it’s not tied down by the water. Kylin does not shy away from his touch, instead she find herself leaning into it. The water feels like heaven on his skin and her fins flutter and tremble in delight at her sides. Kylin wonders how she could’ve forgotten how good water feels.

Once they had been as close as Siamese twins, where Kharon went, Kylin had followed silently. They were pretty much each other’s world, and his disappearance had left a big gap. A gap that needs to be filled, by someone, rather than something. Because alone she is nothing. Thus Klaudius’ words are met with a short shake of her head. ”I’m not..” she murmurs softly. Kylin is not strong, does not feel strong. And though she agrees with his words, her own family had proved different. ”They all left..” she adds in the same soft way. Her hazel eyes move away from her own reflection, searching Klaudius’ for a short moment.

Father, Mother, uncle Reilly, Kali, Badden and, of course, Kharon.

But it is hard to ignore the sincerity in his voice. Would Klaudius prove to be different from them? Wait, what? Family? Her hazel eyes take in his form, this time looking at him instead of through him, and Kylin cannot help it but to frown slightly. Lavender, wings, a ’K-name’. No wonder she’d mistaken him for Kharon in the first place. Family.

Tears rule her eyes again, wetting them and she hastily blinks in an attempt to chase them away. Of course, it doesn’t work like that. ”Yes” she replies, voice thick with emotion. Kylin steps closer, her lavender muzzle reaching out to touch his shoulder, ever so lightly. ”Yes please, I’d love to.” I need to.

Perhaps no water lovers like the part of the family she’d belonged to, but family nonetheless.

@[Neo]

With each circular motion of his muzzle against her hide, he feels her muscles relax.  He is pleased he could bring some comfort to the distraught girl.  His ears twist to pick up on another set of whispered words in the wake of her voice.  Uncertainty still held her heart that he too may leave her so she remains slightly gaurded.  

Having felt accomplished for ridding her purple coat of most the debris, he shifts his weight and hers as she is leaning into him.  Bringing the bridge of his nose under her chin to lift her eyes to find his.  She sees him now, more than before and suddenly there is a spark again. Tears begin to well in the corners of her eyes. He smiles as he releases his lift on her face, "I'm here to stay Kylin.  I promise." 

With that he steps from her side cautiously.  Letting her find her own strength again.  He is happy she has agreed to come back home and meet family, even though distant they are still family...

"Ok great! Let's go find them.  I'm sure they are walking along the beaches.  Karat loves seashells!" He says with a deep but gentle voice.  His wings begin to loosen from his body as he walks towards the ponds edge.  Finding dry land comforting under his hooves.  The isles shoreline wasn't far and with a glance back he finds Kylin slowly following behind him.  Still unsure of how her wings, fins, worked, he was intruiged to finally find out. 

Once upon the open shores his large expanse of feathers stretch wide.  "Try to keep up," he chuckles jokingly with a coy wink.  Hopefully she finds the challenge amusing as well.  Lunging forward his hooves beat prints into the sands as his wings flap at his sides.  Eventually gripping the atmosphere and lifting him into the air.  Today he remains low and close to the rolling waves.  His hooves skimming across the waters surface as if he's walking on water.  Silver eyes look back briefly to make sure she is following before turning to Ischias mainland.  Scanning for any movement along the white sandy beaches...  

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Kylin] I'll post the new thread if you want to continue there and consider this one finished Smile