• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Eros, any;
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die
    For once she was truly speechless. She had led the way to Nerine in mute confusion, mulling over thoughts and words (for once!). This had not been the victory she had been hoping for. Even a loss would’ve been better than this - there’s a respect to be gained on the battlefield at least, and she would’ve visited Sylva with a feeling of kinship for her fellow soldier.

Once they reach the border, she turns back to face the stallion, her contempt as clear as day (though she is careful to keep her tone as polite as possible - after all he is a representative of Sylva and her radiance curtsy curtsy… Hestia may kill her to death if she witnesses Volcan being rude to a diplomat).

If you thought a spurned lover was bad, try a spurned fighter.
    ”Well. Here we are. Nerine. Wish one of us was covered in blood though... but there we go.”

She raises an eyebrow. Perhaps she could find some admiration in his ability to stick to his beliefs but… wait, no, no she couldn’t.

She leads him into the kingdom. ”There’s a tree, there’s another tree - you’ll have to excuse the mess, we had an autumn hurricane just the other day.” if she sounds bored...it’s because she is.

She spins suddenly to face the man, a scowl forming on her face.
    ”Why couldn’t you just fight me?” she demands. 

”Either you’re weak, or you think I am. Which one is it?”

I'd say pls excuse her irrationality but IT'S JUST SO FUN <3

Eros

As they stood face to face on the battlegrounds, he couldn't help but see the disappointed in her gaze.  As her body turned to stomp through the dust with no more than a huff, he followed willing.  Obvious to the fact this was not what she had wanted.  Even more so with each stride left to silence.  A singular brow cocked in confusion as to why anyone would want to fight, but he went along.  The tense, awkward quiet left to surround them.

He had yet to be far from his home.  Only recently traveling to the Forest to meet a young mare Porcia and another firey black mare named Hestia.  Unsure about the encounter still, he had left there as his name was called to battle and now it seems he would be visiting a land dubbed Nerine.  Unaware as to how far the kingdom actually from where they had started.

Territory after territory they passed.  Each marked by only a distinct scent and landscape.  Only his eyes peered within their walls as they continued walking at a brisk pace.  How he wished he had his old powers back.  Flight was so much more convenient.  He had discovered Beqanna did not release magic so easily and his invisible flight would have to be earned.  He wonders briefly what magic this mare possessed, but he didn't dare ask.  Not now.

Gone was the redwoods of Taiga.  The hills of Loess and sanctuary of Hyaline.  Now before him was the crashing waves on granite cliffs.  Sandy beaches and groves of various trees.  The land looked weathered and his observation is soon followed with an explanation.  

Her words are harsh toned.  Quick and sharp, like thrusts of a blade.  Charcoal ears flicker to catch all she has to say.  His large head swivels from one side to the other, taking in all the sights.  Roaming eyes are followed by his thoughts and only interrupted when she turns abruptly.  A flash of fury that causes him to shift his weight back on his hunches.  His facial features construed in a confused daze as she asks him, accuses him, of his actions(or lack of) meaning.  

It takes a moment for him to gather his thoughts to properly express his reasons, but soon words flow freely from his lips. "It's neither of those things.  It takes a great amount of courage to challenge another... for the right reasons," he pauses to toss his forelock from his view. "My homeland crumbled under unnecessary fighting.  I just don't believe spilled blood is the only way to get what you want," his voice remains kind but strong in his opinions. "I only battle when the safety of my family, friends or home is at stake," he concludes.  Amber eyes watching the mares reaction for increased hostility or understanding.  He hopes she understands his reasons.

Unconditional Love

@[Volcan] I'll end there in case she has a bad reaction XD