• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    "He is lurking in the shadows, as he is wont to do." I chuckle, appreciating the irony of where we find ourselves right now in contrast to my statement - in a literal shadow. "I think... I think you should meet him. Go to the forest tomorrow night and wait - he will be expecting you." I make a mental note to dream deeply tonight, as what I will attempt will take quite an effort - to transmit thought to my Uncle will be an undertaking indeed. But it is worth it if it means I get to reunite my family, piece by piece.

I am at ease with our conversation (even when the edges of his voice pick up with a never before seen interest and life) until his response to my question. I decidedly halt, watching his shadows balk around my form, almost hesitant to push me past where I want to go. My eyes nutmeg eyes are harsh as his nose wrinkles, my ears pressing back, a sick feeling rising in my throat until I'm almost gagging. Something has been off about me. And he - no - his shadows can sense it.

They say they can show me.
    I don't want to be shown.
    But he trusted me when my powers were held above his head; and so I set my mouth in a hard line and nod my permission.

Their hesitation to touch me before was only a facade.
    I stumble as they invade me, crying out against their vile touch, slimy and too-soft, with voices that I can't understand but which leave me trembling regardless. In an instant I have forgotten my decision to respect his magic, my eyes are darting about and I beg my legs to let me flee - but his shadows are around my ankles and sliding up to my knees like braces, trapping me in their phallic embrace, sending a ripple of pain through my body as if to warn me of something far worse to come.

"Khaedrik! Make them stop!" I cannot help the words, they are high pitched and panic as my brother has never before heard, tears clouding my vision of the colt as he stands completely lifeless. Through the shadows, which cackle with glee, I catch his whisper:

No, no, no, no.

I am lost. The abyss - it's serenity had been a blanket lie, the kind that leaves you completely without inhibitions, subject to your dirtiest desires. And now Khae has seen mine - has seen me - has seen the creature that I know is invading my womb, but that I have been constantly denying.

We had sex in a dream. It couldn't possibly result in life.
    (What did you expect. You foolish girl.)
    It was you who convinced me to give over to the dark!
    (And why do you think I did? Can't you see I'm not on your side?)
    You fucking lied to me, I --
    (You lied to yourself, slut. Now deal with it.)

His shadows have laid off my figure, though they still swirl through the air with a devilish glee. My body shakes and aches, but I force myself to stare at the lanky boy, to listen to his wailing even though it's the last sound I want to hear. In the chaos of this moment, with the noise bombarding me and the pain still apparent in my joints, I curl back my lips and lash out, snarling.

"I just had sex Khaedrik! What's the big deal?"

I realize what I have said then (or more importantly, how,) and a look of pure regret floods my face. My hoof slides forward, I grimace, my head tilting, reaching for him, a sickly and needy tone filling my false-sweet voice.

"All it was was sex. That's - that's all I have done." I smile, nodding, a feverish gleam in my eyes. "No need to cry!"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

@[Rodrik] this first paragraph pertains to you Wink
    @[Khaedrik] well, kag is fucking losing her shit :| enjoy.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Khaedrik - by Kagerus - 03-06-2018, 08:41 PM