• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only.
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I move too quickly to allow the lavender doe's movement toward me come to fruition: she had been reaching for me, and before I even knew that, I had her wrapped up in my embrace, soothing her tears with steady breathing, holding her thin frame until the sobs subsided.

Or at least, I thought that they had subsided - but as I pull away, hoping I have not intruded too terribly, I recognize a look in her eyes that conveys to me how deeply I am wrong in this hope. She needs more, she needs someone, she needs consistency - I am a mere stranger, and yet I can see in the deep pools of her eyes that my physical touch had tethered her to the world for a split second, and that she desperately wants more.

The girl tries to speak then, her voice thick with tears just as her cheeks are. My heart breaks athousandfold, that something inside of me begging me to reach out and care for the child, to nurture her and raise her... But that something shall truly be the death of me, though I am not aware of this yet. Nor am I even aware of the life growing in my womb.

For now, the only life that matters, is the one before me, stuttering and balking and seeming to need me more than ever.

"I'm glad you came to see me, Just Kylin," I murmur into the soft folds of her nose, hoping that my light and soft tones will ease her out of her black cloud. "I'm here for a reason, I think, and I think that reason... Is to tell you that it's going to be okay." I smile, knowing that what I say could be mistaken, that it might offend her to think that I know anything about her at all - but I do know her, when I look in her eyes, I know her. Profoundly. And perhaps, by looking in mine, she will know me too.

She asks of my home then, and I drop my gaze for a second before returning it hastily to hers. This was supposed to be a diplomatic visit... But something tells me that what I'm doing here is a different type of political move. But I push those thoughts away. I don't have an agenda, and I never did - what happens from here on out, with this lovely Kylin, is between her and I - not our respective kingdoms.

I hope.

"I'm from Hyaline, the mountain kingdom..."

"We're a sanctuary for the lost and broken."

Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 02-27-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-04-2018, 05:56 PM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-06-2018, 01:41 AM
    RE: "Diplomatic visit," Kylin only. - by Kagerus - 03-08-2018, 01:55 AM