• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest! Round one (now with results!)

I call her the devil
    cause she makes me wanna sin

Well. That’s weird.

Shaytan hasn’t had any interactions with magic, so the sensation of literally salivating over the thought of killing a bunny, and then waking up in the dark and on her side… it’s a miracle she didn’t have stitches in her side and is missing a kidney. Shaytan blinks, letting her eyes adjust to the light filtering in to this giant (by her now adjusted standards), cavernous… rectangular… box? There are holes in the corners and along the edges that allow enough light in to give the area a pre-dawn or twilight feeling. She can see her immediate surroundings, but what lies beyond isn’t crystal clear.

So this doesn’t seem like Beqanna anymore…  considering that what’s beneath her is hard and cold, and she’s never known any natural ground to be like that. Ok. Well. The only way to figure out what’s going on is to get up and explore, right? Shaytan is oddly unscared by it all; more slightly curious and still hungry for bunnies, but neither scared nor excited to be here. She heaves herself upright, and as she does so, manages to catch a glimpse of herself - what the fuck. No more spots! Instead, she’s the color of blood (so… any bunnies in this place? She can’t hear anything moving around except for herself), and as she turns to see if the rest of her is like that, she catches sight of her tail, which is blue and white. Heyyy… not too bad! (Practically patriotic, if Beqanna were in the States…)

Shaytan has never really thought about all the pretty ponies of Beqanna. Except Straia. Straia was beautiful. She wonders if Straia would like her like this… it was pretty exotic, wasn’t it? Ok, so. First thing to do once she gets out of the box is to get back to the Chamber and find Straia. It would be like she’s never left, and then everything will be perfect and they will live happily ever after.

Once she’s right-ways up, Shaytan turns slowly in a circle to get a better sense of where she is, and while she does so, her tail brushes up against whatever was behind her. It comes to life with a loud whirrrrrrrr, startling Shaytan and causing her to leap forward and then pivot to face it. It’s HUGE. Like monstrous huge. And though Shaytan is mostly controlled by her Id, even she finds the way its plastic eyes snap open, and the beak-like thing clacking back and forth to be utterly alien and creepy. Which means a lot, coming from a horse that likes to kill bunnies.

“What the… what IS that?” she murmurs, half transfixed by the glowing, pure white light of its eyes, and half repulsed by it’s egg-shaped frame and giant ears, which wiggle back and forth with an electronic sound. In the dim light, she can make out that it is bi-colored, with a white belly/face, and a tufted patch of hair between its ears. So freaking weird. Finally, it’s eyes stay open and pupils appear - very, very angry pupils. It chirrups angrily, high-pitched and menacing. “Ehh hehehehe. Furrrrbyyyyyy” Its diagonally slit eyes focus down on her, and she stares back up at it. “...Is that what you are, or what your name is?” Both of its ears fly back and it growls from somewhere deep within, saying “Naynay, Oogama.” The beak opens, as if it is hungry… and Shaytan takes another step back, perilously close to yet another monster (though she’s not paying any attention… silly Shaytan, haven’t you learned your lesson yet? Always look behind you!).

“I don’t understand. Can’t you speak English?” Shaytan demands, getting frustrated now. It wasn’t give her a coherent response. But oh, her tone must have affected it somehow, because it blinks rapidly and then the pupils disappear again and the lights that are its eyes flicker rapidly. “Egga dee-da ahahaha doo-wop blah blah blah” And the, right before her very eyes, it flips in the air, landing almost on top of her. Shaytan quickly backpedals, right into a stuffed bunny rabbit. I don’t mean a rabbit on all fours, like a regular, real-life bunny… I mean like a stuffed rabbit you win at a state fair. Pink, and with a ribbon around its neck.  

This is one bunny she isn’t going to be able to kill.
    This is the one bunny that could get revenge for all the other bunnies.
    And that… that is more terrifying than the alien, gibberish creature doing backflips behind her.

It continues to babble on behind her (she turned around to see what she ran in to), while the Giant Bunny seems to wake up from some deep slumber. What the hell was going on? It’s like the box from hell AND THERE WAS NO ESCAPING IT. So before the Giant Bunny can fully wake up and take the ultimate revenge on Shaytan, her mind screams RUNNNNNNNNN! and she bolts, jumping over little dark green figures and a toy truck, fully intending to climb a mountain of toys that reaches almost to the top of the box (fully forgetting that she is the one bringing them to life, and that they might not like her climbing on them). But as Shaytan looks to the top, trying to find a way up there, she forgets to watch where she is going and runs into a yellow man. A yellow man with no hair and an orange vest and and no pants…

It takes a moment, but after she hits him, he yells out “Ow!” and lifts a claw-like hand to rub his very flat face. Painted on features turn into a grimace. “Hold your horses, man. If you go running around like that, you’ll wake everyone up. And let me tell you, everyone prefers to sleep while they can.” He is cryptic, as if what he said should make perfect sense. But it doesn’t, of course. She just stares at him blankly, and after a couple of awkward seconds, he just hmphs and mutters, “Talkative one, aren’t you?” He promptly turns around to leave and find someplace to go back to sleep when Shaytan blurts out “Wait!”

That stops the yellow man for a moment, and he turns his head all the way around (leaving his front side facing… front), and with a slightly exasperated tone, says “Yes?”

“I need to get out of here. There’s an alien thing that doesn’t speak English, and a Giant Bunny that’s going to get revenge for all the other real bunnies I’ve killed and I’m starting to think this is all a dream, because it’s so freaking wierd.” He just kind of gives her this look like she’s crazy… “Look, all the newbies say that. That’s just an Evil Furby, and you don’t have to worry, it’ll eventually shut up… maybe. There’s a reason we don’t sleep near it. And Fluffers wouldn’t hurt a fly. Besides, what would you do on the Outside? You can’t hide out there. Here, at least you’re small and can try to wiggle under other toys. And maybe then Nerissa won’t find you.”

Shaytan’s mind conveniently glosses over the fact that he said toys and latches onto the idea of getting Outside. He seems so knowledgeable, he must know a way out. “Please! It doesn’t matter, I just have to get out!” The little man sighs and throws his stubby little hands up in the air. “Fine. But don’t say I didn’t tell you so when you’re missing all your mane and tail and the dog gets you.” Again, she misses all the warning signs because her mind goes straight to HOORAY, FREEDOM! But her eyes brighten up, and who can resist such a grateful-looking, patriotic Pony? The lego man puts one claw up and tells her, “Wait here, I have to go get the lincoln logs.” As he walks away, she can hear him mumbling something about “Master Builder reduced to freaking lincoln logs… How do you lose all my legos? Embarassing…”

It takes the yellow man a bit to assemble the lincoln logs (after all, he is much better with legos, but these have to do until Nerissa brings him more… hopefully…), and while he does so, Shaytan keeps nervously looking around for the Giant Bunny. Or the Alien. Neither of them come lumbering out of the grayness to kill her, but she is nevertheless on edge at the possibility. Perhaps they went back to sleep… but what if they wake up again?  Eventually, the Master Builder comes trundling back to Shaytan, humming a very catchy tune and the occasional ‘everything is awesome!’. “Ok, you crazy pony. Follow me.” Together, the two climb up the Lincoln logs and heave the lid of the box up a little bit - enough for a small toy to slide out and somehow make it down the ground.

Oops, Shaytan hadn’t thought of that. She turns to the yellow man. “Ummm… what now?”

Shaytan

and every time she knocks
    I can't help but let her in

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Erebor - 06-18-2015, 11:03 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Smother - 06-18-2015, 11:57 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Shannisoran - 06-19-2015, 12:01 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Engelsfors - 06-19-2015, 12:37 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Engelsfors - 06-19-2015, 03:16 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by sleaze - 06-19-2015, 11:28 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Shaytan - 06-19-2015, 01:39 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round one - by Ephrelle - 06-19-2015, 03:33 PM