• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Shifting winds
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    It is easy to forget, amongst the many varied magical denizens of Beqanna, that the outside world is simpler than theirs, often; but he takes the staring in stride and waits her out, curious, until she asks about what she is looking at. The bay stallion glances down the length of his own wings, mantling them just a little bit as if he has forgotten they are there. He doesn’t forget, after all, but they are such a part of him now that he can almost forget. He has always had them. “No,” he answers after a moment. “Some have even stranger traits, while some have no traits at all.”

He also has the sense of being watched, and stiffens when the patch of twilight beside him begins to materialize into an equine form. Muscles tense, ready for action, but he relaxes when he recognizes her, and even more when a name is offered, and he smiles at Scorch, his eyes warm. Nerine would be the only suitable home for Scorch, with its remnants of the Amazons, and he hopes that Krone will not put them at odds with the other sea-bordered Kingdom. He may have not been able to settle in Nerine, but some of its people are quite important to him. “I don’t know what you’re talking about, old woman,” he responds to Scorch, an obvious teasing lilt in his voice. “I am still a warrior, first and foremost. The diplomat thing is at best a side gig.”

But they are leaving her out, and Scorch draws their attention back to the newcomer, who offers her name. “Ischia and Nerine are Kingdoms here in Beqanna – like large herds,” he clarifies at second thought. “There are some common lands like this one here, and some do reside in them, but most choose to join a Kingdom, for any of a multitude of reasons. Safety, companionship, a purpose to serve…” He pauses to think about his own Kingdom, the Kingdoms of his past flitting only briefly through his mind as he focuses on Ischia. “Ischia is a chain of tropical islands, reachable by strong swimmers or by most anyone at the lowest point of the tide. Or by air,” That laughing smile tugs at his face again, and he waits for Scorch to give the mare details about Nerine.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-03-2018, 08:10 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Brennen - 03-03-2018, 09:27 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-06-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-06-2018, 02:58 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Brennen - 03-06-2018, 10:14 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-07-2018, 12:15 AM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Breckin - 03-08-2018, 07:53 PM
    RE: Shifting winds - by Scorch - 03-12-2018, 10:56 PM