• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Leilan

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Leilan expressed an interest in meeting and getting to know his relatives, proving again just how much of his mother's son he was; feigning disinterest on most days, but actually being profoundly attracted to the idea of family and belonging to that same article. Scorch nodded and smiled at his words, hoping for his sake that he'd be able to come across one or two of his live and active siblings to distract him from the loss of Wrynn. It was the least the copper stallion deserved.

But then his words go on to reflect a rather less happy image, and Scorch's expression sombered some; but she'd been without her children both in life and death for decades now, and the fact that Leilan was alive more than compensated for the fact that they would be more apart than together from now on. She could live with that, with their separation - as long as her son stood and breathed and lived, she could deal with his departure. Especially to Ischia, where her long-time friend Brennen promised a bright future to young men such as the son before her; yes, she could indeed live with this fate.

"Well, I shall be happy to receive you or to visit you whenever the moment arises, my son. But my princessy sisters do beckon me ever so constantly, so I fear that my visits too shall be few and far between." She smiled, happy in the light of their remeeting.

"But go now, Leilan, for you're right; Nerine is no place for you." Nerine was accepting men now, but she could see in the way her son pranced and looked around that he would never belong here, not even slightly. "I'll know soon enough whether or not Ischia has captured your attentions; but until then, farewell my son." She stepped forward, and, squeezing Leilan in a final embrace (which may or may not have included the shedding of one more tear), sent him away, knowing in her heart that this was the right decision for both of them.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Leilan]
    [Image: scorch2.png]