• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Darkness is needed for light to shine - any
    Nuage
    Meeting Nihlus had left Nuage in an even more dreamy state than normal. The dark bay stallion had turned his world upside down, introducing feelings and emotion – lust, desire, want – that he had previously been oblivious too. On top of that it had sparked something in Nu’s core, something that had been hidden until then. The submissive’s  need to please his dom.

Since that night the bay and sky blue male hadn’t strayed away from the river far. One, Nuage felt most comfortable there, able to hide between the vegetation surrounding the massive oak tree. Two, because it would make it easier for Nihlus to find him again. His hunger and desire for the dark bay hadn’t disappeared, the sub within him was longing for his master.

Tonight, just like that fruitful night, Nu stands on the riverbank. His gaze is directed at the water, which, on this cloud free night, reflect the starry sky beautifully. The glowing star on his forehead shining among them. That is what his eyes are locked on too, but Nuage doesn’t really see himself. He’s daydreaming – nightdreaming – unable to get Nihlus out of his mind.

Just thinking of how Nih’s muzzle had gently ghosted across his back makes him shiver, and remembering how his lips had nibbled Nuage’s own is enough to make him silently moan. Through half closed eyes he is almost able to imagine Nihlus standing beside him, feel his hot breath against Nu’s sensitive nose, and the muscles of his stomach tense remembering the nips and licks to his hip.

Shit. He silently curses himself, the sound of someone approaching starting him from his thoughts. Way to go, Nu, it sounds sarcastically in his mind, grumpy with himself. Blinking his eyes, away from the glow of his own reflection, he looks around flustered. Not because he is suddenly so aware of himself – also not knowing what to do with himself – but also because he realises how shamefully he had been reliving the night with Nihlus, and how he’d loved it. Which was just another thing to make him blush red as a tomato.
    I wanted it to be you.
    [Image: Nuage.png]

Meeting with his mother again had been weird in one way or another, but also satisfying. Scorch had of course, pointed out that Leilan might need a home, and a goal in his life, like any good mother would have taught their kids. There had been a few too many years that the silver roan had been away from Beqanna however; it turned out that he had been away longer than that he had spent time in the Other Place.

Oddly enough, for Leilan it did not really matter - except that he was indeed the very youngest child by now, perhaps. Even Vi might be older than he; but since he never met his only younger siblings he supposed that could not distort their relationship. That was at least, if he met her any of these days.

Right now he was visiting Nerine; it was full of females, which was good, but most weren't his age or already had a foal or a lover (meaning he did not get the kind of attention he really wanted), and so he was prone to roam the lands for better company than just his family. It was very unlike Leilan to revel in the past, which his mother might like to do, and so he escaped Nerine's boundaries as much as he spent time within them.

Today he had been away a tiny bit longer than expected; wandering the riverline at night to make his return as quick as possible. His mother would probably scold him for making her worry again, and he felt no love or need for being scolded, seeing as he was all grown up right now (Scorch might think otherwise, but hey). But tonight was a little different; he smelled someone was nearby, but on top of that, there was some strange sound going with that smell. Surprised, the stallion walked closer, only to grin when he saw just one other at the river. "Oi, your dreams must have been good! Let's just hope you don't attract a predator though." he grinned as he stepped around the corner of some bushes and trees.

The slightly younger stallion before him had an odd amount of blue on him, although it seemed to befit him well. He was at the least very easy to spot, especially with the glowing marking on his head. Leilan had to appreciate the shape and look on the slender male; he might have jumped him if he were a girl.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    so come on, let it go. just let it be.
    why don't you be you and i'll be me?
    Oh screw me. Noticing the stranger had startled Nuage – on top of him realising what he had been doing, just what the fuck – but turns out the stranger had actually noticed him too. Even worse, the bay roan had studied Nuage while he had been daydreaming. Daydreaming about fucking Nihlus. That you can take both literal and as Nu cursing Nihlus.

The realisation flusters him even more. His eyes meet the bay’s amused brown ones, but only for a short second. Looks like the predator already found him, though, not the one he had been wanting to be found by. Flustered and shy he glances away, only to meet his own flushed expression. Oh dear lord.. The shame is enough to make Nuage flicker from visible to invisible a couple of times.

It is the start of a vicious circle. His failure at keeping his ability in check makes him more insecure and a hell lot more shy. Which, of course, causes him to lose grip on his invisibility even more.

But then he remembers how Nihlus had liked his little imperfection. It is enough for Nuage to find his footing again. The bay and blue male shudders, and the corners of her lips twitch ever so slightly. Again Nu is lost staring at his own reflection, and again it is a sound coming from the stranger that makes Nu remember he is not alone.

”Ah.. Sorry.. I just was..” what was he? Love-struck? Well yes, and he got it good, but that was not what he could tell the stranger. ”.. lost in thought..” That much was true. He turns a little from his spot on the riverbank, turning to face the stranger. Carefully he looks up again, meeting the male’s eyes through his eyelashes, still obviously shy.

To Nuage it felt like hours had passed since he had noticed the silver bay roan’s approach, but in reality it were only a few seconds. As to put to his words he shakes his head, sky blue locks now covering the glowing star centered on his head. ”What, uh, has brought you to the river.. this night?”
    nuage

The silver-maned male flung back his only really black hair, his forelock. His eyes twinkled in amusement as he heard the slightly younger male stumble to find words. It was rather amusing to see him flicker back and forth in existence, also - a trait he did not seem to manage overly well. "Careful, you might just disappear forever," the roaning stallion jested.

He steps forward to address the other male more properly. He sees the blue-pointed young man stumble and flutter some more at being caught, and Leilan just watches him with a wicked grin on his face. Lost in thought. Uh-huh. Lost indeed. "So, care to share her name?" he wonders. Sounds like the girl is a good one, after all! Leilan swishes his tail, his ears perked forwards curiously. He doesn't think the shy male would lie to him, so he awaits an answer.

Oh, that reminds him. "Name's Leilan, by the way. What's yours?" he asks. More casually, he nods to the river. "Just out for a walk, and on my way home. You, on the other hand, seem a little lost to me." he wonders. Perhaps this dazzling girl had him tied to a string, and he would be waiting here forever if no-one else snapped him back to reality.

|
    Though only a jest, the words hit as a punch in his face. Nuage is very aware that he does not master his ability to become invisible, or at least, not in certain situations. Like the one in which he finds himself now. The silver bay’s words is nearly enough to start the process all over. Nu, you moron: breathe. Just fucking breathe. Flustered his gaze are on his own reflection again.

With every breath he takes, his presence becomes more solid. Having been busy with steadying himself, he had not noticed the roan coming closer. So when Nuage looks up, he meets the stallion’s wicked grin from a much closer distance than he had anticipated. It sends Nu stumbling a few steps backward. He is not given much time to recover. Not her name, but hís. Nuage cannot help but to smile at the memory though, glancing away. ”Nih..” he offers softly, not having the heart to actually say he’s crushing on a male. Not that he is ashamed, but he does worry about the backslash this stranger might give without Nihlus around to stand up for him.

Because that is what Nuage desperately needs.

The next question is easier to answer. ”Nuage..” he mumbles, looking up to meet the silver bay’s gaze and offer a small smile. ”N-nice to meet you..” he offers, doing his best to sound sturdy, but not yet fully succeeding. Then he lightly shrugs, allowing his gaze to wander across the river in front of hooves as he lightly shakes his sky blue hairdo. ”Ah.. Not lost..” he tells Leilan, a shy, flustered smile tugging on the corners of his equally blue lips.

”I.. I am waiting..” a short pause. ”for Nih.” Without knowing if the dark bay male would actually come back to find him.
    nuage

Leilan blinked, slightly surprised that the blue-bay male flickered out and into sight even more - though perhaps this sensitive soul was just easy to walk over. The roaning male figured that this petite stallion could use some help; too bad he wasn't in the mood. In fact, he had stepped closer and grinned at the blue-pointed male; enough to make him stumble over the name. Nih? Now, Leilan wasn't a total idiot, and 'Nih' sounded oddly familiar. His face crooked as he processed this. He had a nephew named Nihlus. Noori's kid, or one of them. But that wasn't a girl. Although... he narrowed his eyes a little at the sky-blue pointed boy. Leilan didn't think it too far a stretch, if his nephew was into boys (or boys and girls alike) then this one would have caught his eye probably.

He grins then. "Very nice to meet you too, Nuage. I'm not sure if Nihlus is one to go back to the places he visited often, if that's the same Nih. Seems more a wanderer to me, much like my sister." he pokes - not so subtly, but he wants to know if he's on the right track here. Pfft. Tied to a string, indeed. He almost feels sorry for the guy.

@[Nuage]
    |
    Nuage had thought he would be safe by only giving his lover’s nickname. Spoken like that, without knowing the full name, it could pass through as an unisex name, perhaps even female. In his head it had sounded like a perfect plan. But it was the easy way out too, something that stirs something unpleasant in his stomach. His night with Nihlus had been perfect.

Soon his smile turns dreamy. A sad kind of dreamy. Like so often Nuage finds his thoughts straying away. Not only re-living that one wonderful night together, but from there also imagining how good their future could be. That was if Nihlus would come back for him. But he promised, right? And thus Nu would keep waiting for Nih to return.

A fantasy that is soon ruined by the silver bay roan stallion. He starts of nice, pulling Nuage from his dream world like that, then the gentle fall becomes a stumble. Turns out Leilan knows Nihlus – and oops, there he goes again; flickering invisible and visible for a couple of times. Oh shit shit shit, the endless stream of curses in his mind starts off. He pales visibly, staring at Leilan shocked, before tearing his gaze away towards the water. His lithe form starts to tremble ever so slightly, and Nuage does not know where to look.

His lips part, then close, only to part again as his mind races in circles as he tries to come up with something to say. It is then that Leilan’s other words settle in. This time Nuage sharply turns his head, wide eyes that are quick to become teary. Nihlus wouldn’t come back? He wanders? Was that why Nihlus had yet to show himself?

Again his lips part to say something, but before he can get himself to speak, a chocked sound escapes past them and tears threating to slip from his eyes. Only then Nuage tears his gaze away from Leilan, the trembling of his body getting worse  as he stares at his glowing reflection. ”He... I-is he not co-coming back?"

But no. Nihlus promised. Claimed Nuage as his too, though the dark bay male hadn’t answered Nuage’s question if Nihlus would be his too. Maybe that had been answer enough. Maybe Nihlus was indeed not coming back.
    nuage

Leilan moves his silver tail in a way that can be described as mindless - he's staring at Nu (when he's visible that is), trying it interpret his behaviour. He comes to the conclusion that the young male is too shy for his own good, but that he differs from Trekori (hey, also a crazy Noori brood) in one very particular way; he's not angry when Leilan lashes out. Nah, he's just scared.

Just scared however, doesn't begin to describe what's happening as soon as he - too casually - mentions that he knows a Nih, and that if he knows him well enough, he's not likely to return. In fact, Leilan might feel sorry for the blue-tinted guy in front of him, if he wasn't on such a good roll. "Oh, doubt it. Not even his parents stay longer than a night in one place. I don't think he ever learned the meaning of the word attachment." he points out with a shrug.

Since Nuage is near to crying however, Leilan can think of one other way to mess with this young man. He steps close as if to comfort him, pressing his nose against the blue-bay's shoulder. "Don't worry about it, Nu. You're not the only one." he says in a more warm tone, breath hot on the male's bay skin. Although Leilan has no interest in another male whatsoever, he can treat him like he would a lady, because what the heck, Nuage is definitely acting like one. As he pulls away, he does so with a sliding move, following Nuage's spine halfway down his back with his soft nose. Perhaps he ignites just the right amount of wrong sparkles in the guy. If not, well, it's just a game, isn't it? A game he could win if he wanted, because he has the time to test which string is attached to what reaction. He's just pulling on the second one.

@[Nuage]
    |
    If tears hadn’t wet his eyes before, they surely do now. Not only did Leilan make pretty clear that he should not expect Nihlus to return, he also mentions that Nihlus’ parents were wanders just like him. It tells him two things; one) Leilan did truly know Nihlus, and two) his words were most likely to be true because of it.

”No,” he manages to get out curtly, shaking his head as he tries to deny the thoughts in his head. It cannot be true. Nuage refuses. And yet, Leilan has planted the seed in his mind. ”He.. he promised..” Or had he made that promise up in his head, when he had dreamed of their night together. His lower lip is between his teeth, of which he is oblivious, as Nu tries to fight the chaos in his head and the tears wetting his eyes.

He is so lost and busy with his inner tumult, that he does not notice Leilan crossing the distance between them. The gentle touch upon his shoulder is met with a gasp and a violent jerk of his body as lifts his head to look through his eyelashes. Then he shudders, and Nuage glances away, unable to hold Leilan’s gaze.

Leilan’s words contradict the offered comfort. How can he not worry? And shit, it stings even more to learn he wasn’t the only one? Did Leilan know? Did the silver bay male know how many there had been before him? Had he been there to offer support – or humor them – all once it was clear Nihlus wouldn’t come back? A shake breath escapes past his pale blue lips, and his eyes squeeze shut as he tries to fight the tears that now threaten to fall.

”T-there were o..others?” Unconsciously he finds himself leaning into the touch, searching for the comfort that he so desperately needs. Comfort, support and care he had needed, needed from the moment Nihlus had been gone. Before he had been okay on his own, yes a dreamer and high headed, but he had managed. Had been happy too. But Nihlus had turned Nuage’s word upside down, sparked something within him, and opened a whole new world. Then left him.

When Leilan pulls away, Nuage loses his footing. Stumbling after the touch, needing more of it, though it is not Leilan he longs for. Shit, hold yourself together Nu. He was really fucked up. Weak, pathetic, and so, so miserable. This wasn’t him. But fuck, he is a mess.

Slowly he bends his neck, glancing up at Leilan through his lashes. His eyes are still wet, but thankfully he had been able to prevent the tears from falling. How pathetic would that have been? In front of a stranger. A stranger that fucking knew the stallion that had caused his state. And he probably knew damn well what had happened between the two of them. And shit, that was not okay. Was it?

”And you?” his voice is hoarser than he likes it to be, and it cracks to even though he only manages to get two words out. Would Leilan keep wandering and leave too?
    nuage

Sorry for the plosion :|

However harsh his own conclusions, Leilan does (somewhere, deep down) have a heart. Not much, perhaps, you'd say - but enough of one to feel attraction, family bonds, and the like. He'd absolutely loved the idea that his first meetup in Beqanna had been Trekori, turning out to be Noori's kid - even if he was a bit of a stiff prick. He'd longed to see his mother, even if her emotional states had almost killed him in the process. Enduring her overwhelming kindness was better than not meeting with her at all. In a way.

Now, he cannot help but sigh a little. Nuage took everything the roaning bay fed him, every tiny piece of information that implied that he already knew Nihlus. His first comment had been an instant hit; from there everything had spiraled down quickly. Too quickly, really; it was no fun this way. Not really, you know? Not for long.

The pretty bay-pointed boy is in denial, but still tearing up - said Nihlus had promised, although what he had promised Leilan isn't completely sure of. He muses over that, well, it isn't as if he knows Nihlus all that well; he'd just heard from his mother, Nih's grandma, what he was like; approximately. It probably wouldn't do Leilan well if he scared Nu so much, that Nih would want to hunt him down and kill him.

All this passed in his head while Nu took his much-needed time to recover, and even stumbles. Oh, what the hell.

The silver roan steps closer to offer his shoulder in a bit of a lean-in position, without outright giving the blue-pointed bay a hug or anything more. "I'm just guessing, you know. He might just make up to his words. It's just that... well, I know what his mother is like, so prepare yourself a bit. It's highly likely that you're not his only lover in the world, so do make up your mind - if you can live with that. And if you can wait for him." he decided to soothe. Perhaps, this will make good just a little bit. "Hey, you know, maybe wait while invisible. Give him a taste of his own medicine, huh?"

Lashing his tail about in the dark, the roaning stallion waits until he gets another response. A question this time. And you? He shrugs. "Like I said; I'm going back to Nerine. Staying there this winter. Then, who knows? It'd be good to have a bachelor herd here, too, but I haven't found one yet, so maybe I'll try and find some decent guys to hang around with." It's definitely Leilan's more serious side that is up now, but he doesn't really care. His lust for teasing had gotten him into outright bullying, and he knows he's crossed a line too many. Yes, he needs to get back on Nu's good side, he has decided. Perhaps when he's not daydreaming about Nihlus any longer, he'll want to come with the aforementioned group. Not that Leilan has to offer anything Nihlus has, but he feels like Nuage would be a loyal friend anyway, however platonic the relationship should be.

@[Nuage] I'll just wordsplose you back Wink Idk if you have anything to add, but perhaps this might make a good ending on Lei's side.
    |