• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He spends time in the Field more often now, because he can feel the life in Ischia slipping away. Krone is there, and her children; the purple man and the shy Kylin (though he sees her less and less often). He has not seen Hod recently either, and so the list is short. Short even for the self-proclaimed Bachelor and recluse. In today’s world, with the fae so active, it is dangerous to be too lax. So here he is again, looking for fresh recruits, though he passes on most of what he sees, for various stupid reasons he gives himself. They just don’t look interesting to him, and at his age, well, he is looking for more.

Something twinges in him, though, when two forms come spiraling out of the sky, and he lifts his amber gaze to watch them land, and heads in their direction almost immediately. One is large and dark, with wings as black as Brennen’s own (though perhaps more suited to his body size than the ones that nearly dwarf the bay Arabian when he folds them against his sides), and two horns rising from the sides of his head. He’s taller than Brennen, too, but somehow the warrior stallion doesn’t find that as intimidating as he should. The littler pegasus, by contrast, is spotted white and gold and has a single horn, which glows faintly even in the light of day.

Both stallions – and perhaps that is why they draw Brennen as a moth to a flame. Each day that passes that Ischia does not rise on its own as a regular Kingdom, he itches after his brotherhood. It would be a huge change, to settle the brothers in a tropical place, but the remoteness would be their regular. And easily defensible – he loves that about the chain of Islands, that they are harder to reach than many overland places. “Hello,” he calls a greeting as he gets close, offering a polite nod. “I’m Brennen. What kind of home are the two of you looking for?”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

okay so maybe he won't need as much convincing from the girls as I thought, though he'll probably need that last push lol #whoops

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Brennen - 03-08-2018, 11:34 AM