• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL
    As much as it pains me to admit, in a short time this boy has grown on me. With his quick wit it is hard not to laugh with him at Banana’s expense. His stomach growls interrupting the fun, and I give a stern look. He goes on then to refuse a promise, and blames it on his genes. Weak genes or not, I am certain I can get at least a little meat on his bones. I decide not to fight him on this further, thinking he’s had enough of the parenting for now. Nudging him playfully, I settle for the sarcastic and humorous approach. ”Perhaps, Kori, you should try the peel for yourself. It seems your stomach is dying to get a taste.”

I sense his hesitation for a moment and it parallels my own. I’m sure he has a father somewhere, but I don’t care to ask. It is a father that is not here right now and clearly not caring for him. Maybes someday I will inquire about it if I decide to care enough. And he certainly could take care of his own if needed be, I just feel inclined to intrude upon his life. It would seem however Trekori is welcome for my intrusion as he agrees to find a home with me.

He takes off quickly leaving little room for my curiosity. ”Oh, come on kid!” I yell after him, I watch him for a moment as he soars higher and higher. Consider it giving him a head start. With a huff and an eye roll I stretch my wings and hurl myself into the air after him. The boy may have gotten a head start but I am larger and my wings span much further, I do not lack far behind him and cursing him aloud for just being out of reach.

I land beside him and stomp my hoof in annoyance, ice blue eyes meeting his purple. ”You got a head start.” I am well aware we didn’t agree to any race, but I cannot help it. I don’t like being last. Thankfully the flight must do something for Kori’s stomach because he finally decides to eat something. As I peer around the field I can’t help but smile to myself.

It does not take long before we are approached by a winged man. He seems nice enough, and gets straight to the point. I like that. ”Hello, Brennen.” My hoarse voice finds its way out. ”I am Andulvar, and this is Trekori.” I nod in motion to glow-stick beside me.

He asks what home we are looking for, and I wish I knew. I am just pleased to be somewhere that fighting for a patch of grass is less of a possibility. With the fresh unpolluted air and a sun that actually shines. The boy said this was where they convinced us, and maybe what I want will speak to me through what is available. ”That just depends, what kind of home do you have to offer the boy and I?” Now I cannot think of just myself though, I must think of Kori also. While all I really know is that we need somewhere safe and promising, I start to think of what I intend to do here. Find a cause, I suppose. I could always go back to serving a militia but have I had enough of the fighting in my life already?
    @[Trekori] @[Brennen] OK SORRY THIS SUCKS BUT I REALLY WANTED TO GET A RESPONSE UP

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Andulvar - 03-09-2018, 11:36 PM