• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

My mouth is full of grass by the time Var is complaining about another way that I've managed to affront him - though this time, it happens to be because I won the unspoken race between us. Semi-lifting my head, I grin at him and garble some words around my mouthful, laughing all the while. "Acfuwee Ihm juff be-er an oo -- AHKC" I choke on my mouthful in a very unladylike-like manner, my head bouncing to try and accommodate the grass without making me vomit. With some final chuckles and vigorous chewing, I swallow my bite and raise my head, sheepishly grinning. "Well, maybe better at flying, but not at eating, apparently."

A stallion is approaching us then, and I shake off some of my newfound goofiness, returning to my rather stoic self. The purple of my eyes becomes darker, and I squeeze my wings to my skinny ribs, eyeing the third pegasus with interest. His gaze conveyed a kind of intelligence and intent that couldn't be misplaced; he had approached us, and no one else, though there were plenty to choose from. And by the scars on his body, this isn't his first rodeo - he chose us with a purpose in mind.

Suddenly, I desperately want to know that purpose.

He asks us what kinds of homes we're looking for, and I glance to Var as he answers. Not just for himself, either - even in the presence of others I'm his adopted kid, apparently. I want to smile and snuggle under his wing again, but I settle for rolling my eyes and shifting my weight. I'm about to introduce myself, but then remember that Var did that for me as well, and so instead I jump right into the thick of things. It seems to be all of our go-to reactions in this case.

"I'm looking for a worthy case to pledge my name to. And I think that Var is, too." I glance to him for approval of this statement before continuing. "I don't want to just go somewhere and not have a purpose. An intent. Does your Ischia have an intent?" My eyes gleam almost knowingly as I let the question trail into silence, wondering if Brennen caught my purposeful implication that is was his Ischia. And it must be - by the way the stallion carries himself, the way he knows his way about more than anyone I've met in my short life; he couldn't just be another recruiter.

Could he?

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Trekori - 03-10-2018, 12:06 AM